• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front tunnle close of is melting stuff.

marpolsdofer

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I decied to close of the front hole this season. Well I only have 80 miles on my sled thise seasson becaues of all the problems I had. Anyways took the tank to do my chassie swap and my tanks was wleded to the heat sheild (the big sheat of metel). The insulation melted to the seat of steel. Any one had this happen?
And yes it all venter for free air to run between the pipe.

It was not that bad but just in one spot. I refuse to wrap pipe, exspecial header pips. I have seen to many pipes break and crumble because of the tape.

Better than causing a fire I guess. I coated my pipe before wrapping it with 1800C paint. After last season I replaced the wrap and the pipe was still mint. Its all in the preperation.

I run it for 10 mi or so, see how it holds. I just got some new heat sheild insulation,diffrent form what yamaha uses. See if this helps.

Two seasons closed off 1 season with wrap 1 without and nothing melted yet.Look for exhaust leaks.

cannondale27 said:
Two seasons closed off 1 season with wrap 1 without and nothing melted yet.Look for exhaust leaks.

I looked at that my pipe a few days,m it still mint liookcinh. The sled only has 200 mi on it. If you lok t the pipe , flex piont every thing it still looks like new. So if there is a leak it has to be the most tity leak ever, becaues there is no exsaast scoring any were.

Back