• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Full build 998 SRX on pump gas plus Boostane

Skydog

TY 4 Stroke God
Hi guys going to do a 998 Build again (2023 SRX) with closed loop!!! So awesome and I want max power on pump gas! Are all the tunes pretty even from TD, Hurricane & Precision EFI. I really would like to stick with one company. What's max HP you guys are seeing on 93 and all the bolt ons (quite Muffler) including the header and possibly adding Boostane that's working so well on my 850 Boost.
Thanks Skydog.

Most guys are going to tell you the tune they run is the best. Most have not tried multiple companies. I have not heard anything bad in the 998 world in regards to TD or Hurricane. I ran TD, but I would not hesitate to run Hurricane if I buy another 998T. I’ve heard Dave has excellent customer service.

Hi guys going to do a 998 Build again (2023 SRX) with closed loop!!! So awesome and I want max power on pump gas! Are all the tunes pretty even from TD, Hurricane & Precision EFI. I really would like to stick with one company. What's max HP you guys are seeing on 93 and all the bolt ons (quite Muffler) including the header and possibly adding Boostane that's working so well on my 850 Boost.
Thanks Skydog.
I Refer to boost mostly as HP who knows? With good 93 and boostane you can run 20lbs of boost, I wouldn’t run it 3 miles down the lake WOT but if you are sensible it will work. With the header you won’t see much more than 18lbs unless you go with the upgraded waistgate the venders offer.

We are definitely very spoiled with the vendors that supply the tunes for our sleds. I can only speak of my experience with my Hurricane tuned SW.
The only issue I have with TD is they offer so many tunes it confuses me.

I started out with Hurricanes SS stock and performance muffler tunes and have ended up with Hurricane's:
-extra clearance header
-high output fuel pump
-header tune bundle 240/270/300
-closed loop
-data logging
I have added:
-3" TD stock mod muffler
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-Gap ram air intake

So long story short...my sled has performed flawlessly on the 300 Header tune with reliable, fuel efficient power. I have been readily able to talk to Dave from hurricane for advice and Mike Knapp has also been up to speed on the Hurricane products analyzing my data logs ect that has helped me as well.
I think Hurricane now offers a 310hp trail tune now as well.

IMO...you can't go wrong
JM experience
X2 300hp is very doable. But it's going to take Bob's list to get it done right. .02¢

X2 300hp is very doable. But it's going to take Bob's list to get it done right. .02¢
On my sled, I feel my sled is exceeding the vendors 300hp by a fair bit. I have had to up my fuel pressure a significant amount to help the closed loop attain the tunes target AFR.
In the last couple seasons my sled has won numerous local snow drags competing against sleds with supposedly much higher hp numbers.
I will say it again...you cant go wrong with Hurricane or TD but TDs numerous tune offers confuse me??

On my sled, I feel my sled is exceeding the vendors 300hp by a fair bit. I have had to up my fuel pressure a significant amount to help the closed loop attain the tunes target AFR.
In the last couple seasons my sled has won numerous local snow drags competing against sleds with supposedly much higher hp numbers.
I will say it again...you cant go wrong with Hurricane or TD but TDs numerous tune offers confuse me??
I'm sure...I've seen your mph @ distance. Like a jet.

We are definitely very spoiled with the vendors that supply the tunes for our sleds. I can only speak of my experience with my Hurricane tuned SW.
The only issue I have with TD is they offer so many tunes it confuses me.

I started out with Hurricanes SS stock and performance muffler tunes and have ended up with Hurricane's:
-extra clearance header
-high output fuel pump
-header tune bundle 240/270/300
-closed loop
-data logging
I have added:
-3" TD stock mod muffler
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-Gap ram air intake

So long story short...my sled has performed flawlessly on the 300 Header tune with reliable, fuel efficient power. I have been readily able to talk to Dave from hurricane for advice and Mike Knapp has also been up to speed on the Hurricane products analyzing my data logs ect that has helped me as well.
I think Hurricane now offers a 310hp trail tune now as well.

IMO...you can't go wrong
JM experience
So awesome

Precision EFI Stage 4, best quality parts out there. Ask @Turboflash about his!
Pefi, is ridiculous. Build quality is second to none, in this industry.
He's definitely on a different level.
With that said, I use Turbo Dynamics.I have zero reason to dissuade you from the truth. No problem with TD

Last edited:

Back