• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FXR vs Klim

yamakazie

Pro
Looking into a new suit and wondering everyone's thoughts and experience. My last getup was FXR that I stretched 14 yrs out of. Recently I've had great luck with Klim's boots and gloves. Both seem to be good quality. Your feedback is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me and the wife have tried a lot of brands over the years ... some good and some not but have stepped up to all Klim over the past few years and could not be more happy. I would only buy at the shows cause it is pricey but it the best deals of the year. I really cant say enough about there boots ... they are best and i have tried them all!

When it comes to boots, up until this year the FXR's were "Highly water resistant" while the Klim are Goretex and waterproof. I believe this year FXR addressed this but I have Klim already. That being said I have two FXR suits. One for really cold days and one for spring time. The FXR is very good as long as you stay away from the "fashion line" that all the people wear to the mall. Klim is very good but really spendy.

My wife and I bought Klim klimate coats and bibs at the Milwaukee show 3 years ago. They are warm, DRY, and give you that freedom of movement that the bulker FXR gear didn't seem to have. One thing we noticed is that the GoreTex in this gear keeps the wind from coming thru unlike other suits we've owned. Best for riding while it's snowing (or raining, which we have). We added the gloves and balaclavas last year. We're happy!

Have had the FXR Octane boots. Nice and warm and the heel cushion helps on some of the unexpected bumps. But they are extremely bulky.
Picked up some Klim Adrenaline boots. Just as warm as the FXR but a lot less bulkier.
I have a pair of Klim Fusion gloves. While they look god and the concept is nice they are the worst pair of gloves ever. Went back to the full leather gauntlet gloves that FXR has.

I don't think you can go wrong with either FXR or Klim both very good. FXR has many more sizes than Klim and the bulk with FXR maybe be the float technolgy that could save your life if you take a bath. I cross water multiple times everytime I ride so FXR a no brainer for me an I don't notice the bulk at all. Klim is good stuff but you will pay an extreme price for it compared to top of the line FXR. To me this is a budget question not a quailty question both very good.

Have had the FXR Octane boots. Nice and warm and the heel cushion helps on some of the unexpected bumps. But they are extremely bulky.
Picked up some Klim Adrenaline boots. Just as warm as the FXR but a lot less bulkier.
I have a pair of Klim Fusion gloves. While they look god and the concept is nice they are the worst pair of gloves ever. Went back to the full leather gauntlet gloves that FXR has.
I agree with you the Klim Fusion gloves are the worst gloves EVER, I swear they make your hands colder... I went back to my choko full leather gauntlet gloves(my favorite and they stayed warm on several -20 degree F mornings last year) I got the insulated Keweenaw jacket and Klimate bibs from klim for christmas last year and i absolutely love them 100% waterproof and windproof and they give you a crap ton more movement than other brands. They are not as warm as my old bulky choko jacket but i just were a extra layer and long johns and they were perfectly warm on -25 to -35 degree morning trips and then when it gets warmer out i just take the extra layer off so i don't sweet

Always two sides................I have the Klim Fusion gloves and love them, got my first pair when I picked up my 08' Vector!!!!! Used them for everything and just got a new pair Sat. at the Milwaukee show!!!!! Old ones will now be for everything but snowmobiling!!!!!

I've had 3 FXR adrenalines and lesser, and 2 klim Klimate and other. The FXR are warmer but bulkier the Klim, for sub zero you will need a good undergarment for your klim and the FXR already has a inner zipped warm layer that is actually the only warm layer and can be removed. Also, in pourring rain, the FXR Adrenaline is really 100% waterproof but the Klim gloves and Klimate i was soaking wet after 1hour in the rain. But, after 2 years, the FXR looses Wind resistance and waterproofing where as the Klin stays stable and still blocks Wind very well. So, bottom line, my FXR is out the window or in the basement after 3 7000km seasons, but the klin seems to last longer. Right now i have both the FXR when really cold, and the Klim when not so cold, the FXR is bulky for a few hundred miles ..

I gotta chime in- I bought a pair of Klim PowerCross gloves and they were great at anything above double digits. Go below and by far I think they are the most overpriced, overhyped rubbish out there. I picked up a pair or Gordini gloves from a local sports store; windproof, waterproof, has a hand warmer pouch, and best of all they set me back $40 on sale. The one thing that sucks about them is the gauntlet is a little short for my liking, but it does its job well. As far as the rest of the Klim gear I have no experience, that honestly was due to me being butthurt over the PowerCross gloves. FXR products I have used and had great luck, and as far as boots I have stuck with Altimate. I have a pair of the Yamaha/Altimate Blackhawk boot from about 6 years ago and they still are warm as can be and my feet have never been wet.

I have been using motorfist for the past 2 yrs and am amazed. The suit is a complete system of under layers, liner and top coat and pants. At -35 I am warm and if I sweat 10 mins I am dry. The gloves are great to -35 but a bit bulky in warmer days

motofirst is an intriguing product, haven't such much around, good to know..

Back