• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GARMIN ZUMO GPS

snomodoc

Lifetime Member
Has anyone tried the GARMIN ZUMO GPS on their sled? I tried the smaller
screen hand held ones and found them not user friendly as to screen seize
while riding.The ZUMO seems to be built for the outdoors with a big screen and easy to use with gloves.

I will be using a Zumo 660 this year. Its my first gps. It looks great mounted on the sled the mount holds on to it tight so I don't think it will ever fall off. The screen is large and easy to see. I bought the maps of Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan from Red Pine Mapping. Wish we had snow so I could try it out.

I'm have a 550. I am hesitant to mount it to the sled. The Zumo does funny things sometimes, cold might take it over the top. Anybody with winter use chime in please.

I just about dropped the hammer on the install. Then I remembered about the stupid security screw. Is it a pain the the hole with gloves on? I like to be all suited up before stepping outside.

IA Rider said:
I will be using a Zumo 660 this year. Its my first gps. It looks great mounted on the sled the mount holds on to it tight so I don't think it will ever fall off. The screen is large and easy to see. I bought the maps of Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan from Red Pine Mapping. Wish we had snow so I could try it out.

How did you mount your ZUMO to your sled? Could you post a pic? maybe start a new thread?

i had it mounted on my 07 attak with a ram mount and a impact mount from www.touratech.com. worked great except that the cradle shorted out and i havent dropped the 90 bucks to replace it.

Guys have used them but they dont really like the cold. Do a search i know i read about them before i purchased my first GPS for the sled. I had a 500 and this year Im trying a 640. Reading it while riding is not a good combo...

snomodoc said:
Has anyone tried the GARMIN ZUMO GPS on their sled? I tried the smaller
screen hand held ones and found them not user friendly as to screen seize
while riding.The ZUMO seems to be built for the outdoors with a big screen and easy to use with gloves.

Been using one for three years on mine with no issues. I take it off when stopping for extended periods so it isn't sitting in the cold. With the XM antenna I'm all set for a days riding with music! Great because in the summer I switch it over to the motorcycle.

Attachments

• garmin 550.JPG
    garmin 550.JPG
    691.4 KB · Views: 171
I have a Zumo 660 and it works great - no problems at all. Direclty wired it to the battery with supplied in line fuse. Also great listening to tunes while I ride!!

I've had a 450 on my sled for the last 3 years. Over 6000 miles and no problems. It has worked in sub zero temps. I take it inside with me when I stop to take a break. I've never had a problem with the cold

I have been using Garmin Zumo 550 allready 3 years on my sled with Touratech vibration free bracket.No problems at all.I also use Garmin 60 CSX with Touratech bracket.Here is some pictures of the installations,what i have done.My sled is Attak 2008
garminzumo550.jpg

touratech550zumo.jpg

garmin60csx.jpg

touratechteline69csx.jpg

Back