• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gems Controller (newbie)

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
hi guys
Bought a 2013 Nytro XTX backcountry last March with 2200km
It came with the MPI Supercharger on it with the Gems control.
Sled seems to work great. Pulls like a freight train. I'm new to all this high tech stuff

What does the Gems controller do?
It has + and - plus about 8 led lites.
Plus there looks to be like a vacuum line or something attached to it also?
Is there anything I should be looking out for. On the Gems controller. So I know it's working properly?

My sled doesn't have any gauges to go along with charger ( eg. Boost, temp, air)
Just wanna make sure it's working properly. Without smoking the engine is all

I've read on here somewhere ( can't find futon again) that you can simply unplug the Gems controller and it will put the engine back to stock form 138 hp .. is this true?

Just trying to understand how it works. ( Gems controller)
Pics below

The Gems unit controls your fuel. Obviously with the blower your motors needs additional fuel. If you unplug the unit you would be running the stock mapping again which would be way to lean for the motor and could cause major problems so I would not recommend unplugging it unless you removed the blower.

The plus and minus allow you to adjust your fuel. You'll need to hit the mode button first to get into the area you want to tune. For example, I believe when you hit mode once, you're in the mode for idle, twice for light throttle, three times for wide open throttle. I'll see if I can find the instructions and post them to this thread.

That's what I was thinking if you unplug it the charger would still be ramming air into engine unless you remove the belt.
I was reading them instructions sound kinda simple BUT can you tune in OR atleast see if within a SAFE range with the sled on a stand or do you have to be riding it? (Under load)
Kinda hard to see my lites when placed under hood. Lol
Just would like to know if it's working properly .
Is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks for the info btw

I put my charger on at the start of this season. My system is running a 26t bottom and 28t top pulley. The GEMS I have has only 4 settings and I have each set to "4" as what Yamaha recommended on their installs.

When pushing the mode button I found you had to push it almost with your finger nail very very softly otherwise it would jump settings. With the sled idling gently push mode and record the color and how many LED's are flashing.

The four mode setting your talking about are
1 start mode
2 drive mode
3 program mode
Am I rite in saying so?

Or are you talking about the modes within the programming mode?

Mode 1 green
Mode 2 yellow
Mode 3 red
Mode 4 green/ blue
Mode 5 yellow/ blue
Mode 6 red/ blue

Does my Gems controller look like yours ?

Back