• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting error 1 code......

TLM

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro xtx, oft relocate, oilite bushings, comfort clutch, tunnel block, tailight relocate, cr10EK plugs, copper donuts, tuner skis, Grizz Tracks gusset kit. Excell x wheels. Mo-Flow console vent and curved vents.
While changing the track and bearings on my XTX, I noticed a mouse had made a nest on top of the head the engine. I pulled the fuel tank to check the wiring, and I found one blue wire with some of the coating chewed off. The wire looks like it is for the fuel injection system. I taped up the wire and connected everything, tried to start and now I'm getting error 1.....Do I need to clear the codes and restart? I inspected the rest of the wiring and can't find any other damage. Also, could it be my speedometer sensor is out of adjustment and throwing the code? Any help would be great.....

Had that error (Er-1) on my son's Phazer. It was a bad ground wire connection. There was a spade connector for the ground wire near the battery that was flaky. Cut it out and soldered the wire together with shrink tubing. No problem since.

Either that or bad ground somewhere.

I checked the relays and battery connections and still no luck. I put a charger on my battery, and it's acting like it's taking a charge, but it possibly could be bad. I'm going to see if that's an issue after charging overnight, and also check the ground wire.

Error code 01 (throttle angle), maybe moved something just right while in there?

Like Porkchop said if its error 01 its throttle angle. Check that you did'nt inadvertently pulled cable out of its seat by airbox. If its error er-1 then its an ECU communication issue. See attachments.

Good luck
Pete
Error1.PNG
Test1.PNG

2 spots to check for harness rubbing is top of the steering post by handle bars and behind primary clutch the main harness runs along the engine and rubs on a casting nub.

c4fbebc40b214779f042d9afdf3f5e33.jpg

Thanks for all of the info! I went through and checked out all of the areas suggested, with no luck. I did however add some protection to the wiring harness where it runs behind the primary clutch. It turns out it was my battery. It must have a bad cell in it because it would charge just fine, but would make the sled throw the error 1 code. I tried a different battery and everything worked fine. I'm thinking the old battery was putting out enough voltage to register the code....Any thoughts?.....On another note, the battery also had a slight bulge on the sides where the bad cell must have been.

Back