• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Giving up on 4 wheel Rear Axle

I've had it with the 4 wheel axle kits! I broke the left side wheel off for the 3rd time in 3 years. 2 were turbo dynamics and this one is J T Racing Products. I keep shearing the bolt off in the axle.

This weekend was the weenie roast and it happened trail riding Friday Morning and caused me to scratch that sled for 2 days of racing. I have another 4 wheel kit and 2 try hubs but did not have them with me and we could not get the broken bolt out of the axle.
When the 19's come around for viewing, I would suggest taking at look at them. Sounds like the new SRX is running a new rear axle setup. Maybe the rails have larger slots along with a longer solid axle.....?

Larson kit is the strongest kit made, I machined the rails on my 2014 to except the 20mm axle that was in all other Yamahas took about 3/16 on top and bottom. Then for my other sleds I just got the Larson kit a little harder to install but way easier then machining the rails.

I've been late to the party in addressing the tri hub with a full blown solution, but its coming. I've always felt the solid axle was the way to go. I took note last year that the 18 SR venture had done away with the tri hub so I had been pondering a retrofit kit to use that set up. I'm assuming the 19's have that same set up. I'm working on a kit that will allow for use of a true solid axle on the 14-18 models. Have the whole kit envisioned. Modifications to rail will not require removal of skid. All you will need is a drill......stay tuned!

Does the Larson kit require removal of the skid?

Does the Larson kit require removal of the skid?

Not that I am aware of. I noted not having to remove skid for my approach because franklin removed his and had them machined. I have an idea that should allow guys to mod the rails easily in their own garage.

I've been late to the party in addressing the tri hub with a full blown solution, but its coming. I've always felt the solid axle was the way to go. I took note last year that the 18 SR venture had done away with the tri hub so I had been pondering a retrofit kit to use that set up. I'm assuming the 19's have that same set up. I'm working on a kit that will allow for use of a true solid axle on the 14-18 models. Have the whole kit envisioned. Modifications to rail will not require removal of skid. All you will need is a drill......stay tuned!
Let me know when it's ready I will take 1 with 2 bags of chips please

Back