• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Goodbye Team Yamaha

YamYboY

Extreme
Well I sold my 08 Nytro RTX and am waiting for my 2011 Polaris Switchback Assault, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all there help, I hope to be back on a 4 stroke very soon!

Thanks
YamYboy

That would have been my second choice of new sled. Nice sled!

If I had to buy a new sled this year and wasn't brainwashed by 4 strokes, I think that would be the one I'd get. Good luck!

Nice choice, one of my friends has the assault snochecked as well this year. He is a Polaris die hard. This year I may see if I can get him on my 4-stroke for a test ride, i could also try the Assault.

Was looking to see if the Assault will be a contender (to the xtx)? I can't find any good solid HP numbers on it.

It was until this year from what I have been reading. Several sites and magazines put it in the low 140s'. Seems low but it is from more then one source.

If the new Polaris is as tough as the 2003 xc I had...
Plug and play dude.
The only thing I did to my xc in 5 years was shock rebuild, and exhuast valve updates and a few blown belts.

vector06 said:
It was until this year from what I have been reading. Several sites and magazines put it in the low 140s'. Seems low but it is from more then one source.

Polaris rates it at 150. But, it's not.... I just seen the dynotech session for the 2011 800 and without a PCV, it is still 142.

SledFreak said:
vector06 said:

Polaris rates it at 150. But, it's not.... I just seen the dynotech session for the 2011 800 and without a PCV, it is still 142.
Ouch!

SledFreak said:
vector06 said:

Pretty hard on fuel and oil too from what I've read. Sweet chassis and suspension, and I think its probably the best looking sled out there too. But I don't trust their motors yet.

My buddy's dad runs the dyno at the Osceola plant. I don't hear anything good about any of the new motors. But that older 600 carb is pretty tough!

Back