• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handle Bar Vibrations

Boy that looks like it will work well.. Iam going to check that out … pretty easy install ??? Thanks for posting…
Yeah, pretty easy. The instructions state that you can position the spacer washers in different locations. This allows you to adjust the dampening effect. I have mine on the softest setting. They also have two different durometer bushings available. The Red ones are the standard, while the Blue ones are a harder durometer. Mine has the standard Red bushings.

been fighting carpel tunnel in both hands for years from using impacts at work. for me the thing that helped was bar riser so that my hands end up close to level with my shoulders as driving with my wrists bent at all aggrivated it faster as well as how i gripped the bars. rx/apex/2stroke tripple where the best for me for vibration. the 1049 in my brothers rs venture bugged me the worst and i have ridden a phazer. i do want to try a sidewinder to see if it is better but for me it is the hours i need to ride it to see how it affects me. a 30 min test ride is not long enough for the vibrations to affect me.

Yeah, pretty easy. The instructions state that you can position the spacer washers in different locations. This allows you to adjust the dampening effect. I have mine on the softest setting. They also have two different durometer bushings available. The Red ones are the standard, while the Blue ones are a harder durometer. Mine has the standard Red bushings.
Any thing you don’t like about this set up cause thinking I want to set up on my sled for next season now, it flat out needs it…. IMO

been fighting carpel tunnel in both hands for years from using impacts at work. for me the thing that helped was bar riser so that my hands end up close to level with my shoulders as driving with my wrists bent at all aggrivated it faster as well as how i gripped the bars. rx/apex/2stroke tripple where the best for me for vibration. the 1049 in my brothers rs venture bugged me the worst and i have ridden a phazer. i do want to try a sidewinder to see if it is better but for me it is the hours i need to ride it to see how it affects me. a 30 min test ride is not long enough for the vibrations to affect me.
Just yesterday I rhode both Apex and Sidewinder and both so different. The winder sits so tall and upright and the motor has a lot more vibrations compared to Apex in the handlebars not the chassis per say….Your arms are more level and straight on Sidewinder and it handles so much better than Apex… You can carry more speed into the corner, through the corner, which means more speed coming out of corner which means a better turning chassis…. All good stuff. So getting these vibrations out of the handlebars will make this even better than it already is….

Time to see a doctor ,it’s old joints, my feet get numb but it’s not from the running boards.
Your right and I agree getting older effects your joints and we feel more from riding at this point of our lives… No reason not to help prevent this from happening or reduce what you can either in my mind… And being a cancer survivor Iam happy to still be hear and still have the ability to ride at all.. And I know all about legs being numb from Cancer treatments I went thur ….

Any thing you don’t like about this set up cause thinking I want to set up on my sled for next season now, it flat out needs it…. IMO
No complaints at all. You will notice some flex while sitting on the sled in the shop. Essentially because the steering post/bars at now mounting in poly bushings. You don't notice the flex while riding though. It doesn't completely eliminate all vibration, but it does a vast majority of it. Seems to help reduce handle bar shock from bumps as well.
I've had carpal and cubital surgery on both hands and elbows. I would buy another Iso-vibe in a heart beat.;)!

No complaints at all. You will notice some flex while sitting on the sled in the shop. Essentially because the steering post/bars at now mounting in poly bushings. You don't notice the flex while riding though. It doesn't completely eliminate all vibration, but it does a vast majority of it. Seems to help reduce handle bar shock from bumps as well.
I've had carpal and cubital surgery on both hands and elbows. I would buy another Iso-vibe in a heart beat.;)!
Ok Great.. Thanks again for sharing ..

I use the Iso-Vibe as well for the last 3 years. I really like it and takes out majority of any vibration.

Also assuming all cables reach without issues? So, bolt on and go?

Last edited:

Back