• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hanging up in Reverse

RxThunder

Expert
Sled has mostly sat all winter, unloaded it the other day to park it in the garage and it was hanging up in reverse. The beeper would be on and it was in forward, or it was in forward but stuck in reverse. I know the adjustments can be off on the linkage but I have two other possible ideas of the cause. 30o miles ago a friend was helping me and adjusted the chain tension before I got home, if the chain tenson is too tight could this cause it to hang up? Also I had clutch issues and now that they are all worked out my deflection is way too tight and the primary is grabbing the belt at idle, could this constant pressure cause this issue too? I'm going to check this but sled is currently in the trailer and I'm getting my plan together for what all it could be. Thanks!

If the primary is engaging you could try to switch the lever with the sled off and see if the gears mesh when you start it up.

Back