• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone tried C&A RZ with Aggressive Snowtrackers On there 4 Stroke

DGZRT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Vector shorty, 17 Shitdoo 1200X, 2000- pullmyass-340 for Grandkids
I'm looking for Feed back On C&A Razors with Aggressive Snowtrackers Installed. I know they are a great ski. I had them on a Vmax for years but sold the sled. I know they turn harder but will the Snowtrackers lighten up the turning?? With the Deep keel will the aggressive setup be to much ? Does anyone know the keel depth on the Yamaha mountain ski??

I'm looking for Feed back On C&A Razors with Aggressive Snowtrackers Installed. I know they are a great ski. I had them on a Vmax for years but sold the sled. I know they turn harder but will the Snowtrackers lighten up the turning?? With the Deep keel will the aggressive setup be to much ? Does anyone know the keel depth on the Yamaha mountain ski??
I put a set of C&A XPT with the aggressive snow trackers on a 2018 Sidewinder LTX LE. When I first put the skis on the sidewinder I had a set of 6 inch carbide shaper bars on them and the steering effort was very hard. I then purchased the aggressive snow trackers and the steering effort was extremely easy with no darting! Night and day difference. I Highly recommend you try them on your C&A Skis.

I went with C&A Razors with Semi Aggressive Snow Trackers . I will post up how they handle next year !
Enjoy Your Summer Guy's :letsnow:

Attachments

• C&A RZ.jpg
    C&A RZ.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 224
I went with C&A Razors with Semi Aggressive Snow Trackers . I will post up how they handle next year !
Enjoy Your Summer Guy's :letsnow:

If they don't steer easy enough I will have an MPS kit to fit your sled!

If i recall I thought you were running trackers on slydog skis...how did they work?

If they don't steer easy enough I will have an MPS kit to fit your sled!

If i recall I thought you were running trackers on slydog skis...how did they work?

The combination of Slydog Powder hounds and the Snowtrackers work excellent ! The only caution after two years of running them was the front hold down tab that you have to drill the new hole through ski for ended up cracking on each edge of the hole. On a Slydog the Keel goes all the way to the ski tip. Where you have to drill the hole the keel is getting narrow. They recommend a .5" dia hole . It ended up not leaving much of the keel on either side and These ski flex a lot . snowtrackers.jpg IMG_1390.jpg It just didn't seem totally safe. the wife and kids drive this sled and I don't need the ski tip breaking off. I should have put the grinder to them and narrowed that tip up!

Has anyone tried to hot air weld UHMW ? I have a welder at work but not sure I want to try it :)

Last edited:
Just a follow up on the C&A Razor skis . After only 400 miles on the C&A's I decided to go back to the Sly Dog Powder hounds with semi aggressive Snowtrackers :) The C&A's are a great ski and track excellent in a straight line. Not to say they don't turn because they do very well but I must be getting old ..... The effort to turn the skis is about 40/50% harder then the Powder hounds . The aggressive triangular side profiles on the Razors seem to grab in the corners and produce some feed back in the bars I think they are an excellent ski but maybe to aggressive for the heavy front end of a 4 Stroke sled.

The float in deep snow was good but not as great as the 7" wide Powder hounds. The good thing is I had the mounting kit and the ski loops for the Sly Dog's already from my old skis . So all I needed was the bottom, and the C&A's and the Slydog's use the same carbide so it was rather inexpensive to make the switch:) I cut down the front hold down tab on the Snowtrackers so hopefully they won't crack like the last pair .

If anyone is looking for a lightly used set of C&A Razors like pictured above I'm going to sell them for 175.00 + shipping . Just PM me ...

Back