• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone tried this radiator?

mcamzr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Has anyone tried this GPI aftermarket radiator in their Nytro?

Attachments

• D55E8A13-B16F-42AD-9791-8196C585712B.jpeg
    D55E8A13-B16F-42AD-9791-8196C585712B.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 46

Have you looked at “Barn of parts “ for the stuff you need ?? He makes a nice dual fan kit for the Nytro Radiator . For 125$ and if you need a used radiator I’m sure he has one .

I have been down that road and barn of parts is a great resource. Problem is that Yamaha changed their coolant so if the rad came out of a sled with the different collard they are not compatible. The rad only lasts a couple years. Short store is a dealer messed up my sled something bad when it was a year old and I’ve been dealing with it every 2 years since.

Yamaha shows the same part number for all 08-14 radiators so they did not change the radiator when the switched coolant. What exactly is happening? Have never really heard of any issues.

A mess happened. Ended up crystallizing and building pressure in the system and it ate right through the radiator and leaked all over. When I took the cap off (cold cold) it blew like it had been running all day. The dealer that did it replaced the rad, water pump and all the hoses (after trying to charge me 1500). This will be the 3rd rad I think and I flushed this thing with everything I could think of and I think I will use peak (per a grizztracks post). Just scared of a used part that’s all.

Back