• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you guys heard this news about Arctic Cat?

When??? But there will be a 2stroke Yamaha sled again.... Thinking not far off.

Sooner the better lol! Another thing to pay attention to is that the T-cat is the only sled with the Yamaha engine in cats line up now...most of us here know this.

so if there’s any hope and I think there is...Yamaha has something in the works. Whether it’s an all new sled, or a new engine to sell to cat, time will tell whatever it is. Something is happening but only a few people really know...

From listening to the latest blog,it sure doesn't sound to me like there going to be building any 2-stroke specific snowmobile engines any time soon......Sounds like there going to leave the 2-stroke part of things up to cat other than there VK 540

Yamaha 2 stroke power plant in it....
Sure, but that engine has been around for a LONG time. No new development there.
nbsledder is right. Listen to the video.
If there is any two stroke offerings it would be more likely built by Cat with Yamaha skis, colours and snow flap.
Like the 600 transporter.

Sure, but that engine has been around for a LONG time. No new development there.
nbsledder is right. Listen to the video.
If there is any two stroke offerings it would be more likely built by Cat with Yamaha skis, colours and snow flap.
Like the 600 transporter.
Carry on … Its not that important to me at all but sounds like it is to you.

The new VK is almost exactly mechanically the same as the old 540 motors. Very little revision.

Yamaha and Cat have been trading off as part of their agreement, Yamaha traded the 540VK for the 600 transporter, that's why I don't think the Blast will be in Yamaha's lineup plus its a trail 2 stroke, unless Yamaha starts offering 2 strokes in their trail series sleds that would go against their 4 stroke commitment, I have not seen anything in the works for Yamaha to trade to make the Blast part of their lineup, if Yamaha opens up that door and breaks the 4 stroke commitment and the blast 2 stroke get in the trail side of their sleds then we will know what's coming....

Yes there is no doubt the chassis was designed to house a 2 st. I have one too but have you changed reeds yet? Not fun. Especially with electric start! Sure enjoyed simplicity of chaincase on it though.
I just got done doing a complete timing job on my 3.5 Ecoboost. I think changing reeds will be no problem. Yes I actually had the chaincase cover off yesterday to inspect and give it a good cleaning. Way less parts then my nitro had. The only thing I don't like is the oil tank connected to it but its not the end of the world.

I just got done doing a complete timing job on my 3.5 Ecoboost. I think changing reeds will be no problem. Yes I actually had the chaincase cover off yesterday to inspect and give it a good cleaning. Way less parts then my nitro had. The only thing I don't like is the oil tank connected to it but its not the end of the world.
The guys the designed that Cat chaincase and shaft and with the oil tank connected to the chain case must have smoked a joint with their 2 years unwased socks!

The guys the designed that Cat chaincase and shaft and with the oil tank connected to the chain case must have smoked a joint with their 2 years unwased socks!
On the 2 stroke models they couldn't be any more simple and I wish they would have used a plastic oil tank like the other brands. Then they could have form it more into the chassis of the machine instead its on the far outside of the machine(could have made the center of mass better). I hear ya on the 4 stroke side. They look complicate as hell and there is way to many moving parts with the reverse. I just can't figure out why they never even looked into revising it.

Did mine in April. Only 127000 kms, wasn't impressed.
As to the chaincase, I flip mine forward with the lower hose still attached and oil still in it.

As to the chaincase, I flip mine forward with the lower hose still attached and oil still in it.
That's what I did with mine. I figured as long as I could get to the bolts the oil tanks was staying on. All I wanted to do was drain and wipe out the case. Also a quick inspection and it was good to go.

Wait a minute. Weren't we told these 4-strokes were purpose built for snowmobiles back in the day?
Now all new motors have to be multi-purpose and work for snowmobiles, rototillers, & weed-whackers?

I'm glad to see Jaret refreshing our memory on something CR told us years ago with the development of the 1049 and 998. Textron/AC will not give up that 998 in the Wildcat xx, so this agreement is far from gone.

Same here...very easy....no reason to mess with a tank that doesn't leak, imo.

Back