• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Head gasket$$

sneakattak88

Expert
What would be a fair price my dealer should charge me to do the head shime? The gasket I would get from Ulmer, so pretty much need labour.i would remove all plastics, header, they were freaking about not wanting to touch the turbo part lol.

I would be curious on this also? Lester has prices from Ulmer to do that if you want to talk to him. Lester is on this site.

sneakattak88 said:
Was thinking 10 psi

Why only 10, or is that how much the fuel bridge will alow?

I was thinking of getting the fuel bridge but I don't know if it'll be able to do it with say 12-14lbs? I hate the gems controller one day it runs good and the other like sh@#&t.

Do you also have an extra fuel pump?

Gems is the name given to the fuel controller by mpi, technically its a dobeck fuel controller. Not that this matters just for clarification. I havent experienced any issues with this fuel controller yet. It has been fairly consistent for me and I have only had to make minor adjustments for major temperarure or elavation changes. Maybe im just lucky because I have seen others mention inconsistency issues with it. The amount of boost he can run shouldnt be limited by the controller but by the fuel delivery system (boost referenced fuel pressure regulator and inline high pressure fuel pump)

AnythingButLast said:
Gems is the name given to the fuel controller by mpi, technically its a dobeck fuel controller. Not that this matters just for clarification. I havent experienced any issues with this fuel controller yet. It has been fairly consistent for me and I have only had to make minor adjustments for major temperarure or elavation changes. Maybe im just lucky because I have seen others mention inconsistency issues with it. The amount of boost he can run shouldnt be limited by the controller but by the fuel delivery system (boost referenced fuel pressure regulator and inline high pressure fuel pump)

Maybe it's not the controller its just I'm absolutely clueless on how to adjust it. I know its color coded and I don't know which is which and what too adjust and when.

That's why I want the pc5/auto tune "just set it and forget it"

Understandable, im thinking stand alone management eventually but thats a lot of coin and not entirely necessary for me just yet lol someday...I can pm you my current settings to see if there are any differences that might make yours run more consistently

AnythingButLast said:
Understandable, im thinking stand alone management eventually but thats a lot of coin and not entirely necessary for me just yet lol someday...I can pm you my current settings to see if there are any differences that might make yours run more consistently

That be great if send me ur settings, all give it another chance ;)!

$400-$600 to shim a motor. Any more then that ship it to Ulmer does good work and more then fair on pricing. Head shim is a big deal make sure they know what they are doing. Its nice to have a expert while in there and check the valve clearances and add shims to get into the low end of the spec so you know your good then.

fxnytroxtx said:
Maybe it's not the controller its just I'm absolutely clueless on how to adjust it. I know its color coded and I don't know which is which and what too adjust and when.

That's why I want the pc5/auto tune "just set it and forget it"
You are in for a rude awakening if you think the auto tune PCV is a plug-in and forget type install. It makes such small alterations at a time, it would take you all year riding to get it close if the base tune is not almost perfect.
You are gonna have to learn to tune any fuel controller anyhow for your setup because each boosted sled is slightly & uniquely different.

Back