• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Header for Viper Turbo

Viper190MCX

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha Viper MTX 153 MCX-270
I am thinking about changing the header on my 16 Viper MTX with MCX-270 kit.
Does anybody here have any experience with this and is there any gains? (Straighline/Ulmer or the MCX header f.ex)

There's a few post about this topic on here recently.

I just bought the Ulmer header. It's kinda the next step for me. Expensive mod though.

I am running the Ulmer/SL header in my 15 and mage so many changes not sure what hp came from where but it is amazing

Same here AWESOME.....

I bought MBRP header it does not fit. I emailed them, we will see if they make it right.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 151
I bought MBRP header it does not fit. I emailed them, we will see if they make it right.

I can't fine the specific post at the moment... but Mr. Ulmer had run the MBRP header on the dyno and noted no meaningful power gains across the power band. The Straightline can be had for $550 if you know where to look and it seems to be the consensus as the header to use power gains as well as for fit and finish as well.

Obviously this is all second hand and may require more digging or a comment from someone more knowledgeable.

You may or not have gains with a new header, but you absolutely need it. You will crack the stock header fairly quickly with the mcx 270 kit. 3 of my buddies have higher boost vipers and they all cracked stock headers last season.

You may or not have gains with a new header, but you absolutely need it. You will crack the stock header fairly quickly with the mcx 270 kit. 3 of my buddies have higher boost vipers and they all cracked stock headers last season.
The reason I went to this was to handle 10psi boost

Back