• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headlights, Silverstars Bulbs

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
Anyone running Silverstar bulbs in their Apex? Are the better than the stock bulb for brightness?

S t ultra or Phillips xtream power
I put in the hid from my old sled and 2 led cornering lights .can u say day time

My first suggestion would be a HID kit. Make the factory bulbs look like candles and aftermarket bulbs look like LED flashlights.
Second would be the PIAA Extreme White bulbs. Just as bright as the Silverstars but will taking the pounding that sledding hands out.

I ran the Silverstar Ultras for a few seasons and they were an improvement over stock but they do not last long. Usually they would only last a season. Then I installed HID's and wondered how I ever drove at night without them. HID's were the best upgrade that I have done to my sled. Literally a night and day difference!

I only paid about $65 for the DDM Tuning HIDS on my sled. They are crazy bright 4300k. Even other riders with other HIDs comment on how bright they are. Sensitive to low battery is the only issue I have had in 3 seasons.

Any one by chance have the Piaa number I would need for a 12 Apex?

I know they are not an advertiser, but the Part # is PIAA powersport bulb #70816.
Yamaha used to market them under part #ABA-5PW35-10

I've been running the ultras for 3 years with no issues (haven't burned out yet) and no BS. yes they are a lot brighter then stock. sitting sided by side with my buddies 2013 my light is now whiter and i can see further ahead. I've also been using them on my truck for well over 4 years and haven't had any issues with it either so not sure why everyone else is.

Last edited:
I have the Silverstar Ultras in my truck and they have lasted a few years now. However they would only last about a season in my Apex. Just buy some HID's and you will not regret it. You will not believe the difference. I will never own a sled without HID's now that I have experienced the night and day difference.

Talk to Kurt or Rock about the differences between the HID kits that they sell and the low cost HID kits. Both Kurt & Rock are TY members & advertisers and they both offer the best customer service you will ever experience.

Back