• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heat shield

It's a recall. My dealer told me my heat shield is on the way.

Yup recall - my deal has received a few of the new ones. Will swap mine out at 800km inspection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK thanks, I am capable of checking myself but I planned on taking my sled in for the turbo bolt recall that way it can be entered on file that my sled had the warranty work done and at the time of setting that appointment up I planned on hitting them up about the heat shield, thanks again this site rocks.

Also i wonder if they are just handing out new shields or if is different in any way versus the stock one?

Which shield is it? The one on the header or the one on the exhaust? My 500 mile service was just done and they said they replaced the heat shield however when I got home and checked my exhaust heat shield is still cracked.

Mine looked to have a very small crack by the Center top bolt. Turns out It was silicone not a crack. I'll take pic later

I don't understand were all this info is coming from ?I had my vin.# run today and there are NO bulletins on/for it .Therefor,is all these issues only in canada ,or for models other than a ltx le ?

Changing to aluminum from stainless had mine done yesterday. FWIW mine was not cracked.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It is the header shield. I was under the impression it was the one over the turbo which appeared to be cracked on mine as well. After a closer look the cracks weren't cracks at all more like casting lines???

Back