• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated shield plug inop?

mshabaz

Expert
I had my first ride of the season and my 24 ltx se visor plug is not working. It appears to be plugged in. It’s a ver small plug in the harness. Right now I’m just using a cord adapter in the aux socket and that’s working fine. My dealer isn’t close and is closed today so I figured I would see if anyone has had a similar problem
Thank you

A meter would answer all of your questions. Do you have voltage at the plug?

Hi. I did check. No voltage. Wasn’t sure if there was a dedicated fuse for it? It’s super cold here at the moment so didn’t want to go digging too deep. But I’ll check a fuse if you know which one it might be

Hi. I did check. No voltage. Wasn’t sure if there was a dedicated fuse for it? It’s super cold here at the moment so didn’t want to go digging too deep. But I’ll check a fuse if you know which one it might be
A faster check would be to look for conductivity to ground. The outside part of the plug should be ground, you can easily test this against the 12v outlet or simply a ground on the frame.

Great idea. That would tell me if it’s missing a ground somewhere. I’ll check it in 1 week. Had to leave to go back to the real world for a bit. Thank you for the help

I had a similar problem on my new 22 and in my case I could'nt plug the shield in completely. Too much solder on the positive connection

Back