• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help with sag in rear suspension

TBay is correct, you need to remove the shock, remove the spring and move the clip up two positions. this will have your suspension riding at the top of its travel.

brad14880 said:
Can you post a picture of what it looks like

At the arrow is the cam. Look close and you'll see the indent notches you can tap with the screwdriver and hamer to get the cam set at the highest setting to lift the #*$&@ end up.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 115
Preload needs to be stiffer and clips need to be moved, turning the cam is not enough. Preload is at its softest setting stock. see photo from TBay above.

So tell me how todo the adjustment with shock out please... I'm sorry I'm not very computer oriented lol

You will need to have a spring compressor to remove the spring. The peace that you are turning with the wrench will be able to move freely up the shock. Under that peace you will see a clip that can be moved to two other settings. move this to its highest setting towards the middle of the shock. when you slide thr adjuster back down you will notice that the spring will be compressed about an inch more than you have it now. this will lift your suspension and ride alittle stiffer.

I have a big boy spring as well as the shock revalved. So maybe that makes a difference but I can tell you this I don't bottom anymore when I set the cam up on the highest notch. Matter of fact we found a guy walking on the side of the trail yesterday. He had gotten stuck way down a ungroomed trail. I had him jump on the back and rode him back to help him get out. I was worried being I weigh near 300lbs with gear but the #*$&@ end didn't go down much at all and rode fine with him. Not to mention after 200 miles I am happy with the ride now after 6 years. I had the big boy put in 4 years ago.

I may need the big boy spring as I have the cam on the highest notch and the preload on the third setting and the spring is still just a little too soft still, but the suspension does not sag. It only bottoms at higher speeds.

the kitchen said:
I may need the big boy spring as I have the cam on the highest notch and the preload on the third setting and the spring is still just a little too soft still, but the suspension does not sag. It only bottoms at higher speeds.

Do you mean on the third clip?

Back