• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How long do you keep the same springs for?

Kevin

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Just curious how many miles you guys put on your clutch springs before replacing them?

My 2 springs must have 10,000 miles on them by now.

over 22000 mi on my secondary spring on the 11 apex. have sleds from 78 with stock secondary spring in them still. primary springs are the ones that i end up changing normally. i usually replace them when i am having a clutching issue otherwise. on betsy, ends up being about every 8 years or so.

Really depends on the sled. The four holers with the gear reduction are really easy on clutch parts, springs included. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to replace them at 10k. The triple four strokes are much harder on things because of harmonic issues so I’d be replacing springs in them far more often. Your sled is a mini dyno though, if it’s pulling proper RPM at full shift the springs are still doing okay. If RPM is sagging substantially it’s likely time to replace them as long as the cam arm and roller bushings are in good shape yet.

Really depends on the sled. The four holers with the gear reduction are really easy on clutch parts, springs included. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to replace them at 10k. The triple four strokes are much harder on things because of harmonic issues so I’d be replacing springs in them far more often. Your sled is a mini dyno though, if it’s pulling proper RPM at full shift the springs are still doing okay. If RPM is sagging substantially it’s likely time to replace them as long as the cam arm and roller bushings are in good shape yet.
wonder if thats why my rx1 only revs to 9500, seems to run great otherwise.

i would check for a broken primary spring.

Back