• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many hooked heated shield to acc. plug

pknapp

I have seen many post about blowing the acc.
fuse when hooking up the heated shield to the
acc. plug. Mine blew the fuse. Please post if you
blew the fuse and those that haven`t how many
miles have you ridden with the shield plugged in.

When you say hooked to the Acc plug do you mean with an adaptor that fits in the plug or tapped into the lead that goes to the plug?

Yes with an adapter that plugs into the sleds
exsisting acc plug. Mine blew after an hour
and many people have posted that theirs also
blew. Trying to figure if theres a problem with
using this plug for the heated shield before I
change the fuse.

Its not meant for the high amperage draw that the resistance of the electric sheilds create. Its for GPS MP3,communicator and other electronic devices that draw small amounts of current.

I think the shield's only draw about 1.3 amp's. kviper

I don't have my shield wired to the acc. plug, it's wired directly to the battery. But I know it only draws 1.5 amps like kviper said.

i have an accessorie adapter from radioshack plugged into the accessorie outlet on the sled and my shield plugged into that. only 25 miles so far but no probs

I spliced mine into the acc line under the cowl and it's been working fine. I'm wondering if melting snow is getting into the plug and causing it to short out?

leader,my bro and i also went to radio shack and bought the 12v adapter,have not tried it yet

not sure if this will work on an rx or appex/attack, but I just added an e-shield hook-up to my girlfriend's 98 vmax 500....per my dealer's advice, I used the hot grip ground (black) and the 12V source for the break light (blue)....Just pulled the male/female connectors appart and pushed them back together with the shield wires inside. no soldering req'd. seems work well. again, not positive if the same will work on a 4 stroke. hope this helps. :D

Back