• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How tall a lug with tunnel protectors

karlburns

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 apex xtx
2010 vector ltx gt
I've got a 2010 vector LTX that I’m trying to figure out best what to do with before the snow falls. My original thought was to extend it to a 151 and put a bigger lug on it but after doing some research I don’t think that’s the right way to go.

I have the option to swap an XTX skid in to the sled as well but not certain if that’s the right way to go either.
I noticed that Camoplast is making the Ice Cobra in a 136 and 144 now. With that being a 1.6 lug will that fit under the sled with tunnel protectors? If it will fit with tunnel protectors can I run a studded track with that lug? The sled is used 50/50 on trail and off trail in the powder. I’m trying to avoid sinking a ton of money into a sled that I’ll probably sell in two years.
If the 1.6 won’t fit has anyone run the Intense on these sleds? I’m not sure that 1.5” is enough lug and thinking that the Backcountry 1.75” would be the second option.

Anyone got any thoughts? I’m trying to decide so I can start pulling the sled apart but I have to figure out the track before I start….

I was looking into this as well for my 08 vector ltx. The ice cobra got great reviews in both the 1.3 and 1.6. I was hoping the 1.6 would fit without modification. Found a good deal on one through Google shopping. I believe our p/n would be 9314C

Last edited:
I ended up finding a smoking deal on a 1.75 back country so I went with that for my Vector. I am still however wanting to know if this will work because I might put one on my 2011 apex xtx.

I don't think anyone knows the answer is the problem.

Yeah I already plan on pulling them for the Vector. I'm curious if the 1.6 will work on the Apex XTX with the protectors still in.

Sweet, might buy that 1.6 track then. I figure $600 for a new track is worth the added insurance of me not getting my sled buried with the ripsaw at the first hint of powder. After last winter my back can't take anymore. LOL!

If it's tight what about the front heat exchanger? I'm concerned it might scrape up there. Or damage the exhaust.

Might be a possibility. I've found it hard to find info on big lug tracks with these vectors, but if you search for info regarding the same year Apex in google, you usually get a good amount of info. I'm sticking with the 1.6 ice cobra since I know it will work. Can't wait to see how it works with the C&A MTX skis.

Did you pull the trigger on purchasing it? If so let me know how it handles. Also have you been running the mtx's for awhile or are they new as well?

I just got the MTX's, so when mother nature blesses us with snow I'll let you know. I haven't pulled the trigger. It's probably going to be a late November, early December purchase as the skis and Bergstrom skegs set me back a few.

There's some MTX's on craigslist here local but between the skis, and mounting bracket I'd be sitting at over $400. Which is a fair price for the ski's but my sled has skis that work just fine now. I'm just curious how good they are for the price.

Back