• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to get most power at low speeds

John Bjorklof

Country
Other
Snowmobile
Phazer 07
I have currently a phazer fx but gonna extend it to 151 becouse I realized that the fun is in the deep snow.. but I would like to have the power at low speeds becouse I honestly never drive faster than 90kph... I read that gearing it down will just do that the clutch bottoms? If you gear it to much? So are there any other ways to make it as perfect as possible at lower speed other than gearing it dowm? etc some clutch mod?

I know for my nytro MTX I dropped a tooth on the gear and boy she is will fly. It doesn't go much faster then 80 but i never go that fast anyways.

I'm no expert by a long shot but what you are talking about is something along the lines of an idea I have had for a while. There is currently a new thread on secondary machining that may interest you. Those guys are after more speed but I expect there are clutch mods and maybe machining to keep the revs up and delay shifting, also for faster backshift. Also one of the vendors offers a 'soft start' clutch kit.

One day I may have a Phazer tricked out to stop and start and crawl in the deep and steep. I'll call it a Sidegrinder.

Last edited:

Back