• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to make a viper stand up

sledder91

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
14 viper xtx
I want to make my viper wheelie like 2 strokes.I took the limiter strap off any other suggestions? wanna prove my buddies wrong that a 4 stroke can wheelie.

sounds like a turbo is in your near future.

You mean like this.
IMG_0123.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that might be what he had in mind ... nice.

I want to make my viper wheelie like 2 strokes.I took the limiter strap off any other suggestions? wanna prove my buddies wrong that a 4 stroke can wheelie.
You are going to want to put the straps back on but use the last hole or second last hole depending on if they are stretched. They must stop the shock before shock tops out or the shock will quickly be ruined. Then just find traction and get as far back as you can. Bar adjustment can make a difference. Pin it. If it doesn't come up a bigger track or more power always helps. To get a good taste of it try it on grass especially if ground is soft. Even a small track will hook up in that.

You will have trouble getting it to stand up like a 2 stroke without the aid of a drift or lip to catwalk off of. I've seen the 800 cat 141 do it on flat ground, and we cannot. Just too much weight to HP disadvantage to wheelie like an 800 2 stroke.

I don't want to spoil your fun, but youll need lots more power and lots more track lug if your going to try to wheelie like that.

Do heed Cannondales advice. Limiter off is bad. You will over extend and destroy your front shock. I have seen it done simply because the strap stretches.

You will have trouble getting it to stand up like a 2 stroke without the aid of a drift or lip to catwalk off of. I've seen the 800 cat 141 do it on flat ground, and we cannot. Just too much weight to HP disadvantage to wheelie like an 800 2 stroke.

I don't want to spoil your fun, but youll need lots more power and lots more track lug if your going to try to wheelie like that.

Do heed Cannondales advice. Limiter off is bad. You will over extend and destroy your front shock. I have seen it done simply because the strap stretches.
Ok thanks I'll go put the limited strap back on and put it to last hole thanks for the advice guys and possibly saving my shock

Ok thanks I'll go put the limited strap back on and put it to last hole thanks for the advice guys and possibly saving my shock
If you run it in the last hole, keep an eye on it. It will stretch over time, and you will break your shock. You can check it by lifting the skid and making sure that the limiter is preventing the shock from fully extending.

If you have an rtx or Ltx and you want it to wheelie you're kinda fighting a losing battle, truth be known, there's a lot of technology in the slide action rear suspension to make it so it doesn't stand on end. It's got the torque and power to do it, but those suspensions are designed to keep the sled balanced and plated so that you're putting all the power to the ground. If you have an xtx (which I doubt you do because they would pull the front end easy) they have an uncoupled rear suspension so getting the front end in the air is much less effortless. If you do have an rtx or Ltx and just want to pull the skis you can just take the rear shaft out that has the adjustable transfer blocks on it. It'll wheelie on demands. Unfortunately when you do that it defeats the whole purpose of the coupled rear suspension so the sled won't handle as good and it will affect performance as well.

If you have an rtx or Ltx and you want it to wheelie you're kinda fighting a losing battle, truth be known, there's a lot of technology in the slide action rear suspension to make it so it doesn't stand on end. It's got the torque and power to do it, but those suspensions are designed to keep the sled balanced and plated so that you're putting all the power to the ground. If you have an xtx (which I doubt you do because they would pull the front end easy) they have an uncoupled rear suspension so getting the front end in the air is much less effortless. If you do have an rtx or Ltx and just want to pull the skis you can just take the rear shaft out that has the adjustable transfer blocks on it. It'll wheelie on demands. Unfortunately when you do that it defeats the whole purpose of the coupled rear suspension so the sled won't handle as good and it will affect performance as well.
Couldn't have said better myself.

OP has an XTX

Take the rear shaft out that stops the transfer and it will wheelie.

Its just the chassis design, doesnt like to transfer and pull the skis (unless its the 141 skid, those will wheelie like crazy)
Has anyone done this mod without blowing the rear shock out?, That's my only concern.

Has anyone done this mod without blowing the rear shock out?, That's my only concern.

I've taken mine out and tried it, wheelie machine! Doesn't affect the shocks at all, only thing it affects is coupling of the skid. Actually I didn't notice it rode any worse as far as bumps, didn't ride any better either but trying to carry any speed at all through a corner wasn't gonna happen.

Back