• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane turbo with new quiet exhaust

stone88

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just installed the Hurricane kit on my buddy's 2016 Viper ltx le and let me tell you the new "QUIET " exhaust is the real deal, we were amazed at how quiet it was and I would say as quiet as a stocker if not quieter side by side in his trailer. Awesome job Dave on that no more hassles at trail stops. :-o

Its a fact I have no problem telling the truth, maybe Yamaha should be using your kit for a factory turbo, easy install PCV controller and factory sounding exhaust. Now if you can order us up some snow and ice we will be good to go. ;)!

Its a fact I have no problem telling the truth, maybe Yamaha should be using your kit for a factory turbo, easy install PCV controller and factory sounding exhaust. Now if you can order us up some snow and ice we will be good to go. ;)!
XXXXXXXX1000000

Looking at the Hurricane kit and simple install, that will be my choice ,hands down

guys researching turbos will have a hard time finding anyone with a problem on the hurricane kit. i love mine and dave has great customer service. can't ask for more than that.

My kit started with daves 190 kit, I've added a inter cooler and upgraded the turbo to a GTX2863. His choice to use the power commander for fuel is great, his map starts and idles awesome with the larger injectors. I added a ignition module, pod300 and auto tune and the pod is awesome as a gauge. If the muffler would flow enough at 20+ pounds of boost I would have it on my sled too(it's a nice looking piece), I've built a 2 1/4 exhaust with a flow through muffler. It isn't exactly quiet, but it will make power!!!

image.jpeg

machz is your engine stock? i added an intercooler this summer too. what does the ignition module do? allow stutter?

100% agree it sounds 100% stock and side by side next to my dads 180 mpi kit it has a deeper sounding tone compared to the mpi which i really like. the kit runs good on my stand i just need some snow!

guys researching turbos will have a hard time finding anyone with a problem on the hurricane kit. i love mine and dave has great customer service. can't ask for more than that.

X2

machz is your engine stock? i added an intercooler this summer too. what does the ignition module do? allow stutter?

I have rods and a head shim. The ignition module does have stutter but when the button is pushed it won't adjust timing at the same time , so being able to control the amount of boost at launch is not possible with it. I've also added a msd launch master for my stutter, and use the ignition module to pull timing at launch to build boost. I'm going to be adding a little timing at lower rpm to make up for the lower compression with it as well, and can pull timing over my pump gas limits to keep the motor safe if it ever does over boost.

Last edited:
Here's one with me on it. I will try to get one beside it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back