• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I am HAPPY with my sled

thor452

Because I can
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX 2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
With all the crying on this site lately I for one am tired of hearing it. This thread is for those of us that are happy with our sled and to post what we love about it.

I own a 2012 Apex XTX and it is as close to perfect as you can get for the way I ride I have upgraded a few things on her and would be happy if this was the last sled I ever owned. I can ride all day and not be tired/sore. it will take me off trail in 3 feet of powder and hop back on trail and take me back over 100 mph without making a single adjustment. it will run with the best of them on top end and keep up with the most of them off trail as well. the throttle response is unreal and crisp as can be. it handles whooped out trails with ease and it rails the corners better than anything else I have rode. I like that it is heavy it makes it more stable on the trail it is built tough for the punishment I put it thru yet it is nimble enough to take off from a dead stop in 3 feet of powder with out worry of getting stuck. I have only got it stuck twice and both times were my fault and a light weight mountain sled would have been stuck then too. I do most of my ridding on trail but I do love taking a fire road and making fresh tracks thru it. If I were to buy a new sled it would be the same model and most likely with the tipped up rails as I think that is what makes it so trail compliant. I would like to take a 2018 for a spin and decide if the new skid and shocks are any good but going in blind I would get a 2015 XTX.

I have a 2008 with 1000 miles on it. Love the sled. For my driving it is perfect. Put a storage bag in the front, one between the windshield and the dash, added a plug for my electric vest and voltmeter. Just bough t water temperature gauge for install this summer. Snow trackers. What a difference they made. Just put a 310 CCA battery in it. Runs perfect. Added covers around the handle bars for warmth. Can't get you hands in and out of them very fast but I don't need to. Also put a right handed throttle on it that I got from someone here. That thing is a godsend. Can't find it anywhere. Goldfinger left throttle is only OK. Going to try to get an engineering place to make another one. HID lights. Not much else left.
Jim

With all the crying on this site lately I for one am tired of hearing it. This thread is for those of us that are happy with our sled and to post what we love about it.

I own a 2012 Apex XTX and it is as close to perfect as you can get for the way I ride I have upgraded a few things on her and would be happy if this was the last sled I ever owned. I can ride all day and not be tired/sore. it will take me off trail in 3 feet of powder and hop back on trail and take me back over 100 mph without making a single adjustment. it will run with the best of them on top end and keep up with the most of them off trail as well. the throttle response is unreal and crisp as can be. it handles whooped out trails with ease and it rails the corners better than anything else I have rode. I like that it is heavy it makes it more stable on the trail it is built tough for the punishment I put it thru yet it is nimble enough to take off from a dead stop in 3 feet of powder with out worry of getting stuck. I have only got it stuck twice and both times were my fault and a light weight mountain sled would have been stuck then too. I do most of my ridding on trail but I do love taking a fire road and making fresh tracks thru it. If I were to buy a new sled it would be the same model and most likely with the tipped up rails as I think that is what makes it so trail compliant. I would like to take a 2018 for a spin and decide if the new skid and shocks are any good but going in blind I would get a 2015 XTX.

I agree with everything you said but I think people start to get a little nervous when Yamaha doesn't seem to be paying much attention to the Apex. The red headed step child syndrome. I am coming from the motorcycle world and I know that when motorcycles don't seem to be updated very much (Honda CBR 1100 Blackbird) they are slated for the chopping block. I am not saying the Apex is, I am just saying it starts to make a person nervous.

I agree with everything you said but I think people start to get a little nervous when Yamaha doesn't seem to be paying much attention to the Apex. The red headed step child syndrome. I am coming from the motorcycle world and I know that when motorcycles don't seem to be updated very much (Honda CBR 1100 Blackbird) they are slated for the chopping block. I am not saying the Apex is, I am just saying it starts to make a person nervous.
I agree but if that happens I'll ride the best option available then too.

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

Impressed every time I ride my Nytros. With or without the supercharger, they always deliver.

Love mine also, 16,400 trouble free miles and never let me sit or been brought in on the rope! 1st ride in 08 on Tugg Hill found out it she's ""NOT"" a deep powder sled.:rofl: But for the U.P., Canada, Maine trails and lake running, none any better! Like the song say's, Just cause she's old that don't mean she's slow!! ;)!

Agree with you. Love my 12 Apex XTX also, only thing I would change would be a Powder coated tunnel.

Agree with you. Love my 12 Apex XTX also, only thing I would change would be a Powder coated tunnel.
When I was running Cat's I painted the tunnel on a 01 ZR CC 800. Removed the seat, tank, stickers and all the plastics. Scuffed the raw aluminum with a red scotch brite pad. Cleaned with thinner, shot with rattle can high gloss rustoleum and clear coated with rattle can clear. Waxed out nice and held up real well. ;)!

I love boosted apex's, there is nothing that can compare to it before the sidewinder. It even takes a pretty well modded one to beat the boosted apex. Its comfortable, handles great, arm stretcher, and I love the ferrari sound. I wish it was lighter, so I am working to get it as light as I can and set the balance correctly and after that it will probably be my last apex based sled. Hopefully I can just keep enjoying it for many years it doesn't owe me anything and there is nothing worth trading in for. They are the king of the trail in my opinion.

Can't agree more with all of the comments! I love my '11 Apex XTX! 5110.5 miles of trouble free miles until I blew a rear skid shock last night. Sled has 5113 miles on it now. I blame that on Iowa ditch bangin... I'm sure Kinger knows about that.

Yes I was blasting across a field, skis in the air, and the rear ZX2 working its magic! That is some hard riding on stock suspensions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two apexs now 1 sc and 1 mid mount turbo by impulse. The sounds the turbo make with a external wastegate, bov, and the tunnel dump are just so import muscle. Never thought the sound would keep me on a sled but I absolutely cannot stand a 2 stroke pipe anymore. I really want to build a 300lb lightweight ditch pickle for my daughter and I am having a hard time finding a engine that wont annoy the wee out of me as I follow her LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back