• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I wish my apex had carbs

irondog rtx

Extreme
I have so much damm problems with the relays sticking on my 06 & 07 that I wish they offered a carbed option I forever can not start mine in cold wheather I have to carry military food heaters and add water to them they get hot I stuff them upside my relay left foot well and sometimes this works and sometimes not god what a pain I love apexs and they are faster than hell I got 110 so quick yester day on the river at 17 ft sea level oh boy almost dirtyed my shorts Im a old man now 54 and I dont ride that fast shock broke on 2000 srx going about 80 and I walked away but felt pretty beat up I slowed down after that felt I should for my kids sake Kim :o|

sory to tell you this but the rx1's still had this problem too.

My fuel pump relay acted up on me like that the first winter, until I got a new one (under warranty). Haven't had a problem since.
Have you tried new ones yet?

I've kept mine covered in WD40.haven't had one fail yet but then I have tried to start it much below 15 below.Try that. moisture might be half the trouble. Plus new ones. Keep spare ones close to your body to keep warm.
I wonder how much of this is the battery. We've found out it won't start unless the battery is in good shape. It will spin over but not start.

Ialso had a fuel pump relay problem new relays are gray in color [on 06 apexgt] could not get fuel pump to engage noticed clicking noise l/foot well taped relay fuel pump energized relay a year ago at yamaha dealer was 8 bucks Bob

EFI is fine... if you're a WOMAN.
You really can't crank the choke over and know when to pull it back?

Fuel pump relay won't affect 03-05 since there IS NONE!!!

Problem is that fuel injectors require high fuel pressure in order to squirt the fuel in -- carbs would work with just GRAVITY except when the fuel level goes below the height of the carbs.

Yes, sometimes a relay will get stuck on an 03-05, but then your headlight just won't go on, or the instrument panel.... still runs.

not me

my wifes attack was like this..put it in the trailer and then the next day it would not go..use to let it cool down then put it in..or we put it in a heated garage...it always got condensation in the trailer.when outside ,no problem..get an xtra one.or a hair dryer.. lol..

LB - not sure why you are so against EFI, I would never go carbs again, the constant cleaning, syncronzing, etc was just a PITA. No the choke is not difficult to operate but that is not why I like EFI.

Now you seafoam the gas and park it only to have it fire up instantly 3 months later.

thanks all for the replys I too love the crisp running of a efi engine just wish yamaha would quite acting like noting is wrong. I also seem to be having my ohlins in the rear sagging just over 2000 miles I thing its a mono shock is why to much stress on the shock oh well I will revalve and rebuild it boys dont get me wrong lOVE my apex Kim

irondog rtx said:
I have so much damm problems with the relays sticking on my 06 & 07 that I wish they offered a carbed option I forever can not start mine in cold wheather I have to carry military food heaters and add water to them they get hot I stuff them upside my relay left foot well and sometimes this works and sometimes not god what a pain I love apexs and they are faster than hell I got 110 so quick yester day on the river at 17 ft sea level oh boy almost dirtyed my shorts Im a old man now 54 and I dont ride that fast shock broke on 2000 srx going about 80 and I walked away but felt pretty beat up I slowed down after that felt I should for my kids sake Kim :o|

Hey irondog,

Got a lot of guys in your neck of the woods and other extreme cold places running the SledStart unit. You can run heat cycles if you want to keep heat in the sled.
You can set the sled for any temp down to -40 in C or F mode and the sled will start and run itself for 5, 10 or 15 minutes (programmable) keeping heat in the sled. If that mode is active, it will do this ANY TIME the sled drops to your set temp. Or you can run a timer mode (every 1,2 or 3 hours, programmable) for a 24 hour period. That mode expires after the 24 hour period. Any time the sled is running it has tach and brake sensing so nobody can take off on it. If someone tries the remote informs you that the sled was shut down. Many other features as well like adjustable engine crank time, LCD 2 way remote with a clock, Keylock function for the remote etc...
And this is a FULL plug and play kit using OEM connectors. No cutting no splicing! 3 plug ins. a hot and a ground and your done!

Have had a lot of happy customers with them up there! Seems like some sleds just will not fire if it hits it's magic temp.

pm me if you have any questions or check out the site.
www.SledStart.com

Happy trails! ;)!

SD

LazyBastard said:

If this was meant in jest lazy, you need to work on your social skills.

But if you commonly go around insulting the masculinity of entire groups of people, I predict a very dark end for you someday.

Haven't you been having issues getting along with others TY'ers in several other posts on this site recently, Lazy?????

mntvipermn said:
LazyBastard said:

If this was meant in jest lazy, you need to work on your social skills.

But if you commonly go around insulting the masculinity of entire groups of people, I predict a very dark end for you someday.

Haven't you been having issues getting along with others TY'ers in several other posts on this site recently, Lazy?????

LB has been that way forever, I get a kick out of it.

Back