• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ice attak coming apart 144 x 1 1/4???

blown apex

VIP Member
Website
ristermotorsports.com
i installed a new ice attak, between the outer drive lugs its splitting lengthwise and strings are coming out
its on a 2014 apex xtx
only 500 miles on new track( old track wasnt bad in this spot)
whats weird is nothing contacts it at the outer drive lugs (drivers are only inside )
the older apexes contacted all track drive lugs but not this one with positive drivers
and its both sides
should i run it or will they warranty anything like this

Should warranty it somehow with a bunch of questions. I bought ice ripper 144 have 11K miles on it no problems.

Show us some pics??

Dealer install or yourself?
Will likely be an uphill warranty battle if U did your own work.

Sounds like maybe ice damage??
Sometimes the big ice chunks that the Apex grows can do damage to the exhaust/heat exchangers and sometimes the track.

Detailed pics and an articulate mature email to the manufacturer may get results...they are a big and reputable company.

Good luck man.

i installed a new ice attak, between the outer drive lugs its splitting lengthwise and strings are coming out
its on a 2014 apex xtx
only 500 miles on new track( old track wasnt bad in this spot)
whats weird is nothing contacts it at the outer drive lugs (drivers are only inside )
the older apexes contacted all track drive lugs but not this one with positive drivers
and its both sides
should i run it or will they warranty anything like this
Sorry to hear that. I just put the same track on my Attak and have 300 miles on it so far. Makes me think I should fill out the warranty card and send it in. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Following since we installed a few ice attaks at our shop this season.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I installed a different model... 136 Ice Attak XT 9202H last year, just looked at it and don't see anything like that.
I didn't know they had a 144 Ice Attak in 1.25"?
Please post a pic. It sounds like it got ripped on something broken in the rear suspension?

Last edited:
Show us some pics??

Dealer install or yourself?
Will likely be an uphill warranty battle if U did your own work.

Sounds like maybe ice damage??
Sometimes the big ice chunks that the Apex grows can do damage to the exhaust/heat exchangers and sometimes the track.

Detailed pics and an articulate mature email to the manufacturer may get results...they are a big and reputable company.

Good luck man.

i dont know how to post pics (im tech challenged )
if i text you a pic of this bad track can you post it on here
thanks

well track now has a few more miles and i inspected it again
its way worst now
cracking between outer drive lugs
there is no drivers on outside on a 2014 apex xtx
and nothing to rub on at this location
this is definatly a bad track
greenland mi so plenty of snow
i bring it in every night to thaw out also

has anybody had a track warrantied by camoplast or am i wasting my time
i would post pics but dont know how