• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inside knowledge or a good deal?

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
Have a look at this sealed bid Gov't auction:
2005 Yamaha RS Venture (1763 KM)

Long story short, it was a gov't sled, it had a fire which looked minimal (unknown cause) but looked like it was electrical and had a minimum bid price of $500. I put a bid of $622.13, lucky numbers which didn't work because it went for $2365.55!

Is it me but that seemed overpriced for such an old damaged sled. Or was it a good deal if it just needs a wiring harness and some cleanup? Or more money to be made parting it out?

Thoughts? Comments?

In my opinion that could just turn in to a big frustrating waste of time. Would have been worth it at your offer but not for me for two grand over that.

Geez whoever bid that did not do any homework, they just wanted to win something, your bid was about right

Looks to me the belt may have started a fire.. Someone overpaid..

Yeah, definitely something going on. I'm thinking an employee in the department the sled came from has knowledge of what happened bid on it. There aren't any rules against it.

But then, what would be the value of the same sled in running condition with only 1700 Km? A few ads I've found are selling these for between $4000 and $6000.

Here's another one, it went for $4021. I bid $2800. Despite its mileage (147km) and basically undamaged, I think it sold over what it's worth no knowing what the issue is.

2005 Yamaha RS Venture (147 KM)

odds are the fuel pumps lost their prime and the carbs are full of crud.

Likely but they said it does have an electrical issue with the gauges no lighting up. Still think they both went over what they're worth. Nothing prevents a government employee who might know what is going on from bidding.

Back