• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

is this ECP kit for real?

Gary, I live in Grand Ledge, if you ever make it over this way I'll show you my setup.

I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONLY "BAD" APPLE, BUT, I still can not get my top speed back with these filters!!! I've clutched from 10000 to 10800 & I can not get it back! Changed mains & I still can not get it back!
I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BR

BRX-1 said:
I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONLY "BAD" APPLE, BUT, I still can not get my top speed back with these filters!!! I've clutched from 10000 to 10800 & I can not get it back! Changed mains & I still can not get it back!
I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BR

BRX1...I am saying this to help you and not defend my product, so please take this properly.

It is apparent after you changing so much that it is time to start blaming something other than the Air Kit for the loss of top end. I am 100% certain that these kits are absolutely, positively capable of providing good top end speeds.

1. How are your clutch alignments?
2. Have you synchronized your carburetors with a 4 cylinder manometer?
3. Have you tried clutch components until your knees ache?
4. Have you tried different compounds belts? If so what were the compounds?
5. Have you checked your TPS switch?
6. Have you had the sled dynoed to confirm it is running properly?

The list could go on and on, but I am here to tell you that if you run more MPH with the stock airbox, it is because of the increased power of the air kit is throwing something else off.

If I can be of any service on any of the above. let me know. I would be happy to help.

Freddie

NEED SNOW said:
It sounds like some of you guys think this kit helps the performance a lot. I, e- mail the company and its $239 for the kit. Is it really worth it? also is it hard to install?...Remember im new to all this 4-stroke stuff. I still cant believe I orderd a 4-stroke,,,Gary.

Anyone got a link to a websight?

I was a skeptic, but now know that allowing it to breath can help mid range and throttle response.
There are better ways to skin this dog at 1/2 the price with a lot less head aches. No evac concerns, and all the other excuses.
The problem is the rest of this web site that bought in will go bull sh*t.
I guess it's okay as long as you're happy and it runs better.

Back