• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knowing nothing about Turbo's or Superchargers

WANN4STROKE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Viking
2006 ApxMtn-sold
2001 MtnMax-sold
1998 VMAX 500-totalled
Do you have to be a motorhead to ride with one?

Thxs.

David :4STroke:

sledheadgeorge said:
Its relative to the size of your wallet

exactly if you dont work on it yourself it wil be expensive. But no you dont need to know all about them. It would help though.

Once they are installed, it is not to big a deal. Biggest thing is getting your fuel management system dialed in. After that it is pretty much gas and go. The fun factor is way over the top. Once you ride with boost, you will never ride without it again!!

All in the install and the turbo you choose. MCXpress is my choice. Great support. I have been a sledder for 30 years, but never owned a turbo anything. It has been fun. Agreed, never own anything else again.

Would caution you on who you buy from and the level of help they will provide for you. I did not do my install (could have, but...) cause I wanted someone that had done hundreds of kits to do my work. Not me doing one kit. I truely believe it is in set up and tuning.

If your mechanical, don't hesitate, go for it.

I had the same question a few years ago.

They are plug and play for four strokes. I would do it again they are super fun and reliable. Turbos are simpler.

I see you are in AK, Drew at Anc Yamaha has been awesome product support/knowledge, etc. He's is on the forum as well.

Drew would be the one to do it for me. I am wondering about the every day ride what you need to know about them.

David

Drews hasn't been tinkered with all season. Last season was the same way. If set up right they are very plug and play. We ride the piss out of these things. ;)!

Turbos are awesome in every way. There is a few things that are very important though

Installation

Setup

Fuel

And support

Turbos can be a pain if they are installed wrong, have a poor clutch setup or used for the wrong purpose. If you can dedicate to buying good fuel(premium) keep boost levels moderate( don't get greedy), and run the right gauges and keep an eye on things you will be fine and they will be trouble free.

Like Rick said, I don't work on mine in the winter, they can be trouble free if built right. I check my oil and belt every once and awhile, that's about it and other than that I never take a panel off. Anytime your ready Dave, let me know and we can get ya fixed up :Rockon:

Back