• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Latest flash

Oldschool71

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper
Can anyone tell me when the most recent flash came out for a 14 viper.

Thanks

2016 there was a flash from Yamaha. Was the 2nd updated flash and will be the current one if you have a dealer flash it.

If you have the original flash from a 2014...that is a rare one and in my opinion was the best flash to me.

There lastest flash is horrible. Developed a nasty backfire on cold start up which blew my muffler apart once already in Quebec last year.
I wish I left my original 15 flash alone and only had to deal with the occasional kick back and extend crank when warm.
Yamaha knows about the nasty backfire when cold and is doing nothing about it as of now.
Three Na vipers including mine sounded like shot gun practice in Quebec this year at -25.

There lastest flash is horrible. Developed a nasty backfire on cold start up which blew my muffler apart once already in Quebec last year.
I wish I left my original 15 flash alone and only had to deal with the occasional kick back and extend crank when warm.
Yamaha knows about the nasty backfire when cold and is doing nothing about it as of now.
Three Na vipers including mine sounded like shot gun practice in Quebec this year at -25.

I'm agree...finally blew my muffler two weeks ago at -26°C....grrrrrrrr! Too expensive junk

That sucks man, at least I’m not the only one blowing mufflers in half.
My YES WARRANTY covered it but took almost 2months to cut me a check.
They know they created this issue when changing the mapping and continue to just give these bullshit procedures to start sled.
They need to put these vipers and winders in a industrial cold box down to -20–30 and wire it up on laptops and get the mapping RIGHT.
The dealers are put in a disadvantage because they can’t duplicate these conditions. The Reps are just telling them what to do to bullshit us owners.

Everybody thinks the Mitsubishi electronics are the answer and YES they don’t have the backfire and start a little better BUT I saw first hand that they struggle in those temps also.
BOTTOM LINE..... we spend 12-18 grand on these snowmobiles and use them in extreme temperatures (Its a freakin snowmobile) YAMAHA NEEDS TO STEP UP AND HANDLE THIS ISSUE and not told to basically deal with it.

That sucks man, at least I’m not the only one blowing mufflers in half.
My YES WARRANTY covered it but took almost 2months to cut me a check.
They know they created this issue when changing the mapping and continue to just give these bullshit procedures to start sled.
They need to put these vipers and winders in a industrial cold box down to -20–30 and wire it up on laptops and get the mapping RIGHT.
The dealers are put in a disadvantage because they can’t duplicate these conditions. The Reps are just telling them what to do to bullshit us owners.

Everybody thinks the Mitsubishi electronics are the answer and YES they don’t have the backfire and start a little better BUT I saw first hand that they struggle in those temps also.
BOTTOM LINE..... we spend 12-18 grand on these snowmobiles and use them in extreme temperatures (Its a freakin snowmobile) YAMAHA NEEDS TO STEP UP AND HANDLE THIS ISSUE and not told to basically deal with it.

My warranty ended in november, and the resonator price is $1205.95 in Canada.
I hope the dealer will help me, but I ordered a new one (take off) on ebay just in case. Winter is short!
For me, it is my last Yamaha engine. We can find a lot of reasons, but it's just with this engine. After 3 Suzuki engine without any problems, 2 Yamaha engine were not what I expected at all. The fact of always wondering if it will start made me lose confidence.
I wanted a little more HP and a nice sound .... it's a little expensive paid.
Wasn't a secret in the past: Yamaha snowmobiles don't like very cold temperature. You need a lot of tricks to start it....what's new!

Yea that can price is what I paid in Quebec last year, had no choice. When your saddlebaging there are limited options.
Fuel and ignition mapping isn’t hard to FIX. That’s what is driving me nuts!!!

So I have a 2014 that I just purchased used, and when I called my dealer they said there is a new flash. Is there anyone that is running this newest flash without issues? My sled is bone stock.

My opinion since my 15 mapping flat out sucks since multiple updates,if it never was flashed LEAVE IT ALONE.
Wish I left mine the way it came when new.

Back