• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED LIGHTS

sifty

Extreme
I bought some pin-point led lights to mount on my sled. Looking for advise on installation and wiring them up. I'm sure some guys out there have done it to there sleds. Any tips would be appreciated. :rocks:

I have a 2005 vector. Somebody out there must have tried this I have seen a couple of sleds with them on running on the trails at night looks pretty cool. I'm just trying to figure out were I can mount these things and if any special wiring is needed. Anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

• new1.JPG
    new1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 94
  • new1.JPG
    new1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 96
No. But that is an interesting concept. I picked up these small 1 bulb LED lights 16 of them for 17 bucks include shipping. There no bigger than a pen cap and they are bright as hell. I'm planning on putting them under the hood and along the tunnel. I'm looking for more of a glowing effect on the snow than for a safety issue. I did go and buy a red flasher at walmart that attaches to my helmet. Everbody behind me said that you really can see it so for 9.00 bucks I think that was a good investment. I was hoping somebody on this sight had installed these LEDs on there sled mine are blue to match my sled. I'm starting the project this weekend and will post pictures when I'm done. Any ideas or tips would be helpful. Thanks. :rocks:

No. But that is an interesting concept. I picked up these small 1 bulb LED lights 16 of them for 17 bucks include shipping. There no bigger than a pen cap and they are bright as hell. I'm planning on putting them under the hood and along the tunnel. I'm looking for more of a glowing effect on the snow than for a safety issue. I did go and buy a red flasher at walmart that attaches to my helmet. Everbody behind me said that you really can see it so for 9.00 bucks I think that was a good investment. I was hoping somebody on this sight had installed these LEDs on there sled mine are blue to match my sled. I'm starting the project this weekend and will post pictures when I'm done. Any ideas or tips would be helpful. Thanks. :rocks:

I bought them on e-bay and they are bright as all get out and very tiny. I started work on them this weekend. However my garage doesn't have any heat and it was ****** cold out there so I put it off until it warms up around here. Snow on the ground this morning. Were can you get the circling taillight that sounds like something that would interest me.

r u talkin somethin like this?

Attachments

• ledlights.jpg
    ledlights.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 222
  • ledlights1.jpg
    ledlights1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 219
  • ledlights2.jpg
    ledlights2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 210
come prewired with fuses and like 8' cables. $30 a light but they do put out very nice-u wouldnt believe the ppl that look at ur sled when its dark out. ppl r like wtf?

Back