• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Legendary Yamaha racer Dick Trickle, rest in peace.

BlueByYou2000

Staff member
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Thoughts and prayers out to the family of Dick Trickle, native of Wisconsin Rapids, WI. Dick was a legendary short track race car driver, NASCAR racer and factory Yamaha snowmobile racer in the glory days of the mighty SRX. Dick, Bobby Donahue and Ed Shubitzke dominated on the SRX and left a lasting impression on oval racing forever. God speed Dick!

Its always sad when someone dies! Thinking life is so bad you don't want to go on even worse!

Dick Trickle was the guy with the funny name. His glory in Nascar was not stupendous but his short track career was something else. Heres to one of the guys that was there from the begining! :drink:

Here is a post a friend sent to me from Dicks hometown. More to him than many remembered.

I remember in 76 at Peterborough my mechanic said..hey... there is Dick Trickle. He didn't make the 340 or 440 final with us either day but always seamed to be surrounded by friends and fans...

He had a good life..cut short..

Dick T

Back