• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter strap tight on longest setting

strommin mn

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Vector
I just bought an 07 Phazer with a 144". Sled only has 11oo miles and is near perfect but although the steering works perfectly it is very difficult to steer when riding. My 08 Vector steers so much easier. Looking at my Vector there is some slack in the limiter strap. On the Phazer it is real tight on it's longest position. I removed it and the front popped up some just releasing the tension on it. Is this suppose to be tight in the longest position? I read post of some running this strap in it's tightest position. I cant imagine how tight the strap would in the shortest position. I removed the strap completely and the steering did not improve, it's still hard to steer. Any ideas? Is this normal for the strap to be tight? This does not have any upgraded shocks or anything better than standard equipped.

was it in the air when you took the strap off?

could be someone put an aftermarket or home made one on it.

Man am I confused. I took another look and it was on it's shortest setting. Sorry bout that.

Middle (3) works best for me on trails, and 2nd longest (4) for popping wheelies with ease. It also turns pretty tough on trails due to the tall aggressive keeps on the MTX ski. A set of bergstrom ski savers will lighten the bite a bit and reduce darting.

Back