• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Location and tips for ECU removal

Doing this tomorrow after some testing stock on the gun...

So easiest to remove PTO side charge tube ....remove entire tube altogether or just the inside clamp? can then reach under to get at ecu? I will post up pics tomorrow when I do it here.

thnx gang
Dan

I just pulled the charge tube from the air box and disconnected the blow off valve and was able to get me hand in there. Its tight but not to bad.

I just removed the clamp on the l/h charge tube and pushed it out of the way then just pulled the Ecu out after unhooking the rubber strap. Took less than 2 minutes.

Ya, ya, but you probably have girly hands. LOL Thanks for the great idea.

Just did some work today on Toms SW.....Got the ECU removed and boxed up ready to be shipped out tomorrow AM to Ben. Also pulled the secondary and found one roller with flat spot, got HAUCK rollers coming soon, Got some shim washers ready for helix. Got a GGB proto exhaust here to test with and got Bens SQ coming too.

Gonna be a fun week! Working on the Yam clutches are a pleasure I have missed since apex days, removing rollers is so simple its hard to believe cat and doo rollers can be such a nightmare when you work on such a nicely engineered secondary.

Dan

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8711.JPG

IMG_8703.JPG

IMG_8705.JPG

Last edited:
Challenge accepted! I couldn't do it 2 minutes

Great clip! Was so pumped after seeing this, I tried the same. 15-20min later the beast is out lol. Cant wait to get it back in post flash lol (have no idea how that's going to work - from hands to forearm clearances it was super tight).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great clip! Was so pumped after seeing this, I tried the same. 15-20min later the beast is out lol. Cant wait to get it back in post flash lol (have no idea how that's going to work - from hands to forearm clearances it was super tight).

I hear ya....I have to wonder if the rubber band was already removed on his video?? haha

I was hoping the rubber band had the little handle on it like the apex tool kit rubber band used to have, no such luck so its abit tricky to unhook it!

I removed more items mostly cause I wanted to see this machine and how things are routed, and also when I have to reinstall ECU and plug it back in I think it will be alot easier to install with some items removed.

Dan

Ok...I've greatly improved my timing. Approx 5 min getting my hands/arms down in there to place and reconnect the flashed ECU (while Shagnos goes elbow deep in seconds lol) and another minute or so playing with the rubber strap). Done in 6 minutes flat lol. Cheers!

Back