• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

longer limiter strap?

MxBen1980

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Viper MTX 153SE MPI
My MPI viper can lift the front end but not as easily as I would like. I have seen viper that could Catwalk and i tried à lot of clutch and suspension adjustment but while it did help, I know some put longer limiter straps to acheive that. Stock limiter straps already comes at their longest settings. Do someone know which limiter straps I should buy to lengthen them? Is there another sled that come stock with compatible but longer straps? Thank you.

Pretty sure that the XTX limiter strap is longer, or least they are a different part # then the MTX strap. Not sure what year your sled is, but I know in 2014 the XTX (141") front skid shock was approx 3/4" longer then the 153"/163" Cat skids.
Also you can reduce the amount of air pressure in the rear skid shock, to get it to transfer more.

Was wondering the same thing, just bought some new strap and was going to cut it to length.
But when i looked at the limiter strap sitting on the garage floor it had about an inch which you could move it from side to side(how loose it was)
Will adding an additional inch of "looseness" make any difference?

Would also like to be able to lift the skiies a abit more

You could make them longer, but I think the length of the front skid shock would probably be the limiting factor.
It would be easy to verify though by lifting/supporting the back of the sled up so that the suspension is fully extended. If the straps still have some looseness then the front shock length would be maxed out.

One thing to be careful about on a mountain sled is that you don't want to have the straps to long. Otherwise the approach angle of the track will be very steep and cause the sled to trench.
If you are looking for more transfer, you can also go softer on the rear shock air pressure or spring as well.

Back