• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for snowfall totals in central Wis.

Soldier'spapa

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder Ltx LE 50th Anniversary
I'm hoping to hear some happy snowfall totals from the Adams/Friendship, Wis Rapids, Plover, Redgranite, Wautoma, Westfield, Coloma, Montello areas.

Looks like quite a storm came through. I'm headed up to that area the day after Christmas and looking forward to some great riding!

Those areas received about 6-8 of wet heavy snow and it drifted a lot too so caused bare spots. I expected more but whatever it's white now!! Monroe county got about the same, there out panning here but don't know when they will open....

I work in Nekoosa, WI, 6 miles south of Wi Rapids.
We got about 6-7 heavy wet snow. They are out panning them down. Not sure when they will open.

I live in Plover WI , about the same maybe one inch more. I have not heard if they are out grooming yet.

It looks like the WI Dells area got upwards of 10-11 inches. There are some great trails from Adams Area down to the Dells.

Lets hope we get more White stuff next week!!

Thanks for the replies!

I heard on a Chicago news station this morning that Madison received 20"... maybe they measured a drift? It got my hopes up for the area an hour north.

10" of light fluffy stuff in Wausau. Weird that 30 min north of Plover ours was all fluff and blew off of the fields into the tree lines.

I think one of the best sites just for WI area is:
www.travelwisconsin.com/snow-conditions-report

Under the Snowmobiling menu it offers a complete map of Wis. and a county by county guide for snow depth and trail conditions.

If you click on the county your looking for it will give you some pull down menu's and tell you what trails are open , phone number to call and if they are grooming.

Good luck to all !!

WHITEHALL 2W 15.0
SINSINAWA 14.5
PLATTEVILLE 14.0
OSSEO 14.0
PRAIRIE DU CHIEN 13.9
UNION 13.3
CUBA CITY 12.0
MT STERLING 12.0
FOSTER 12.0
NORTHFIELD 2N 12.0
MUSCODA 11.5
ROCK DAM LAKE 11.0
NEILLSVILLE 11.0
ADAMS 11.0
INDEPENDENCE 3NE 11.0
RICHLAND CENTER 10.8
BAGLEY 10.5
MONDOVI 10.3
LA FARGE 10.3
PLATTEVILLE 1SSW 10.1
HATFIELD DAM 10.0
LONE ROCK 10.0
WILLARD 10.0
WESTBY 3ENE 9.7
BOSCOBEL 9.5
FRIENDSHIP 9.2
BLACK RIVER FALLS 9.2
MAUSTON 9.0
STEUBEN 2SW 9.0
ALMA 8.6
LANCASTER 8.3
FOUR CORNERS 8.3
ONTARIO 3E 8.3
WARRENS 5WSW 8.1
VIROQUA 8.0
TOMAH 8.0
FOUNTAIN CITY 8.0
GRAND MARSH 8.0
LA CROSSE 3SE 8.0
MERRILLAN 8.0
LOYAL 7ESE 7.5
MAUSTON 7N 7.5
FERRYVILLE 4ESE 7.4
STEUBEN 4SE 7.1
LYNXVILLE 7.0
GRANTON 7.0
DURAND 7.0
WILTON 4E 7.0
BIG FLATS 7.0
TOWN OF HOLLAND 7.1
NEW LISBON 2N 7.0
LA CROSSE NWS OFFICE 6.9
GALESVILLE 3ENE 6.6
TUNNEL CITY 6.4
SOLDIERS GROVE 6.3
ETTRICK 6.3
HOLMEN 2S 6.2
STODDARD 2NE 6.2
MT ZION 6.1
GALESVILLE 2WSW 6.0
MEDFORD 6.0
LA CROSSE AIRPORT 5.8
SPARTA 5.7
FRENCH ISLAND 5.5
TREMPEALEAU 5.5
VALLEY 1NW 5.5
VIROQUA 2SE 5.4
PEPIN 5.0
WEAU STATION 4.5
PERKINSTOWN 5E 4.3
LUBLIN 4.0
EAU CLAIRE 4.0
RICE LAKE 2.5
BRUCE 2.3
RIDGELAND 2.0
BARRON 1.6
EAST FARMINGTON 1.5
CLEAR LAKE 0.3
snow1220.jpg

I've got a buddy that lives just south of Westfield in Columbia co and he said they are opening the trails in Columbia co at noon on Saturday but will be ungroomed and drifted pretty bad. Hope this helps

DGZRT said:
I work in Nekoosa, WI, 6 miles south of Wi Rapids.
We got about 6-7 heavy wet snow. They are out panning them down. Not sure when they will open.

I live in Plover WI , about the same maybe one inch more. I have not heard if they are out grooming yet.

It looks like the WI Dells area got upwards of 10-11 inches. There are some great trails from Adams Area down to the Dells.

Lets hope we get more White stuff next week!!

Where you work in nekoosa? Domtar?

No, I work for Nekoosa Corp. We are a Industrial supply co. and sell products to Domtar. We also supply many company's around the Appleton, Greenbay area.

Lets all pray for more snow!!

My parents live in Wautoma. We were out on our trail trimming trees that were hitting the groomer today. Talked to the guys that were operating the groomer and they said that the trails were in ok shape. Talked with a landowner that rode down towards Marquette county and the trails had a lot of debris on them. They are going to need snow to freshen up as there are a lot of sleds on the trails.

Back