• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Losing RPM and not holding normal top speed

Ive owned my share of sleds and top speed has never been a major goal of mine, but would like to dial it in so that it is performing the best it can considering what it is. I dont plan to try and keep up with the Apex's and Winders past the 300' mark.......unless the trail is whooped to beat hell, then they'll be trying to catch me!! :Rockon:

Thanks for all the input ;)!
Ha thats where we do shine! I admit to picking the roughest race that can be found. That takes care of the Apex's and Nytros. For the winders just hit the brakes at 80mph if ahead because they are coming fast!

Cannondale you hit the nail on the head, they handle so well that they just feel slow. A very deceiving sled. Your explanation of the 8jp belt was also very accurate. The belt itself was the issue, the cheapest alternative was the 8dn which kept performance consistent. That same consistent performance in an 8jp length (aftermarket) belt is going to be the best possible scenario for the all around functionality of the stock clutches. Belts that offer more grip are going to allow to run less spring pressure on the helix and lighter weights in the primary which increases efficiency and as well as throttle response.

Cannondale you hit the nail on the head, they handle so well that they just feel slow. A very deceiving sled. Your explanation of the 8jp belt was also very accurate. The belt itself was the issue, the cheapest alternative was the 8dn which kept performance consistent. That same consistent performance in an 8jp length (aftermarket) belt is going to be the best possible scenario for the all around functionality of the stock clutches. Belts that offer more grip are going to allow to run less spring pressure on the helix and lighter weights in the primary which increases efficiency and as well as throttle response.
We will see hopefully this year. I have a brand new Gates to try as long as River allows it!

Back