• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Luggage and towing

dixopr

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
VK pro 11
Nytro mtx 08
Hello, I can't for the life of me find a rear luggage box. I did see some photos but can't find the part number from Yamaha for the big plastic box that fits the rear luggage rack on these machines. Also wondering about towing. I see a pintle type hitch is available but if others could give input it would be appreciated. Towing equinox type big boggan.

Nice looking box but for $290 seems excessively priced. I am looking for one for my 2016 also and will share what I find. As for the hitch, the stock version looks a little light but is rated for a decent pull such as the Equinox, Pelican, etc.

Thanks for the link. Yeah 300 seems high but if its quality is good then I'll get one. Really like the heated space under the seat, what a luxury to keep extra gloves warm, water bottle, etc.

LtRon Please tell us about your 2016 when you have a chance. I like the next look and the wrap around front bumper.

You often get what you pay for and if its a Yamaha accessory that will be used frequently then likley work the extra $. I am planning on using a 115L Sealine dry bag with shoulder harness for use in the backcountry. Won't look as nice as the Yamaha box and will have to be secured with cam buckle staps. I will try to post some pics of my sled. I have yet to use it this season - - no snow yet. It is certainly a heavy machine (approx 750 lbs) and the engine compartment is pretty full with the addition of the new 1049 cc engine. Yes, lots of storage too. The fuel tank is a 40 L and I think that the mirrors have been repositioned realtive to the previous models (they are mounted inside of the windshield).

The Yamaha box is the first accessory I got when I bought the sled. It is definitely worth the price. So nice not to have to strap in your gear, and it holds more than you think. I also had a set of saddle bags for the sled but never had to use them. Also the bottom and lid are insulated. Nice spot to mount license plate as well
viking5.JPG

Hi Gents - I had promised pics of my VK. See attached. There is a lot of junk in the background (sorry) but it will give you an idea of what the machine looks like. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_20151224_153247.jpg
    IMG_20151224_153247.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_20151224_153257.jpg
    IMG_20151224_153257.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20151224_153512.jpg
    IMG_20151224_153512.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_20151224_153354.jpg
    IMG_20151224_153354.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 307
Hi LtRon , congrats on the new macine:yam:, have you tried it out, got enough snow yet??:letsnow: I hope you can start a new tread and share you initial feel abot your new ride and:worth:. Tanks in advance :yam:

I bought the rear box, very nice. Just need to make a chainsaw bracket and I'm in business. I'm looking for the front bumper winch mount too, can't seem to find it either.

It DOES fit. I just bought a 2016 VKII but checked to see if my box would fit and it does. I do have to drill new holes in the box to re-locate the U-bolts.
Also the cover that is used when the luggage box is installed also fits the new sled. 2006 is for sale $6500 firm. 10,034 KM. New track, maybe 500K's on it

Back