• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

There are not many modded Mach's or 900R's out there... Most are stock, because not many want to pay that much to mod it. The clutching is way off on them from what I have been told....

There are not many modded Mach's or 900R's out there... Most are stock, because not many want to pay that much to mod it. The clutching is way off on them from what I have been told....
Those two were well aware of the mods available for them I realized after some conversation with them.

They were keen to race, the one fellow was sure he was going to beat the 22 GT
Once again, not stock…LOL!

The nice thing is they probably have some coin into them. If they stuck a bunch of $$ into them to eek out a narrow win over a bone stock Winder I feel sorry for them. Less than a grand later it’s game over with the Winder.

Once again, not stock…LOL!

The nice thing is they probably have some coin into them. If they stuck a bunch of $$ into them to eek out a narrow win over a bone stock Winder I feel sorry for them. Less than a grand later it’s game over with the Winder.
The 22 GT Winder beat them. Re-read my post.

I agree with the Doowiththeblue, if they want to race they are probably not stock.

In stock form I believe the 900 is in the mid to upper teens for boost. I wonder how much boost that motor can take without internal work?

The old 1100 Suzuki twin still seems to be king on how much boost it can take without internal work. It sure didn’t get your adrenaline flowing listening to it though, sounds like a dang lawn tractor.

I sure wish they could have figured out a way to slip a turbo Apex engine in a chassis like the Pro Cross. The biggest problem would be how to route the exhaust.

Ski-Doo 1200 is the king of stock engines without internal work. 500 HP on a stock engine without ever breaking it open. Not even head studs or head gasket is required. This assumes you keep deto at bay. Deto it and you'll have problems however. Early RX-1 and Apex's have pushed 440 HP on a stock internals, but not for too long.

Ski-Doo 1200 is the king of stock engines without internal work. 500 HP on a stock engine without ever breaking it open. Not even head studs or head gasket is required. This assumes you keep deto at bay. Deto it and you'll have problems however. Early RX-1 and Apex's have pushed 440 HP on a stock internals, but not for too long.
Any idea on boost psi? I guess I was thinking in terms of that vs actual HP levels. I have heard the 1100 could take upwards to 50 pounds of boost pressure. I would imagine the cc’s have a factor in that equation though too?

Dam! I saw one cut in half but from a head on collision in a white out condition while riding in the UP. A father and son were going opposite directions way too fast and hit head on, they were busted up bad but survived. We had to call 911 but the father’s 1100 Turbo was literally cut in half, motor oil all over the trail not far from the Mosquito Inn.

Any idea on boost psi? I guess I was thinking in terms of that vs actual HP levels. I have heard the 1100 could take upwards to 50 pounds of boost pressure. I would imagine the cc’s have a factor in that equation though too?

The 1100 can take lots of boost with forged internals, like 70 or more, but not so strong as a stock engine. They come apart with less than 340 HP stock.

Back