• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Melting plastics / Heat from Turbo

FoxFire227

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Viper LTX SE / MCX190
Happy Thursday!
I have a MCX190 kit installed on my 14 LTX SE which produces a lot of heat. I have noticed some melting plastics and some deformities on the plastic from the excessive heat. I have installed the MoFlow vent kit and even that is starting to deform. Now, I do not have the heat wrap that hangs over the front of the muffler (i believe that was its original location) as it ripped off, the dumb question is, will it even fit over the turbo/muffler?

What are you turbo folk doing to disburse heat? Does anyone have pics of their heat transfer setup?

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!

I have the hurricane turbo on mine, so not exactly the same as yours but I really think you need that heat blanket installed to protect plastics.

If you cant get the factory one, go to Princess Auto and get a welders blanket and make your own. That piece is absolutely a must. I have an MPI and a Hurricane turbo and have had no plastic deformities in over 40,000 combined KM's

Back