• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modified Rx1 Airbox With Pictures

I covered holes in the bottom, as well as moved the clips 2 slots up (one slot up from stock) and the bog is still there.

Did the air box mod and i am extremely happy!!!, I am running a 03 RX, swapped to 165 mains, runs awesome , having rpm issues (which I had before) , so I removed the rivets from tips for now and am really close on RPM, I can stay with and almost pass the Apex's we were running with (top end), and throttle response was excellent with stock carb springs, thanks for tip.

SMOKNZ said:
I covered holes in the bottom, as well as moved the clips 2 slots up (one slot up from stock) and the bog is still there.

I think you are going to have to clean your carbs again bud there are too many running this mod without that problem soak the carb over night and blow air in every nook and cranny make sure you dont have any jets mixed up like the power jets into the main. If you can get some Mechanic in a bottle and run a full 4 oz can in a full tank to help with the cleaning as well. It could also be your plugs.

Well I decided to open up my baffle some more not the bottom. I drilled another eight 1 1/8 holes in the baffle and went for a two hour ride and it has made a noticeable difference running really strong now more than before for sure. I have not had a chance to check my plugs yet will post back with some pictures once I check out the plugs. Oh yea it looks like my RPM went up another one hundred.

fixerman519 said:
Did the air box mod and i am extremely happy!!!, I am running a 03 RX, swapped to 165 mains, runs awesome , having rpm issues (which I had before) , so I removed the rivets from tips for now and am really close on RPM, I can stay with and almost pass the Apex's we were running with (top end), and throttle response was excellent with stock carb springs, thanks for tip.

What exactly are you running for clutching. Is it the stock 03, primary and secondary, with the one rivet removed on the weights of the primary.

Sled Dog said:
Well I decided to open up my baffle some more not the bottom. I drilled another eight 1 1/8 holes in the baffle and went for a two hour ride and it has made a noticeable difference running really strong now more than before for sure. I have not had a chance to check my plugs yet will post back with some pictures once I check out the plugs. Oh yea it looks like my RPM went up another one hundred.

What made you decide to open it up more.

My plugs were running a dark reddish brown so I decided it needed more air. Will be interesting to see what color they are now. It sure seems to have woke it up a bit more and I gained 100 rpm.

The plug color is awesome much much better it is now light brown to gray. Trying to post a picture but is too big.

GEDC0085_zps527b99b3.jpg

GEDC0086_zps75ca6cc3.jpg

I'm thinking of modding the airbox of my 05 Warrior. It looks like most people are messing with their jetting though when doing this? Is there any performance issues that could arise by not messing with the carbs? Or are you simply not getting the most out of the mod?

Did air box mod to 03 Rx-1, Only could test in big field behind house, trails locally closed, but it was enough of a run to test it out, it ran scary strong, no bog issues. I installed
165 mains, 22.5 Pilots, Silver Holtzman Springs and CR10EK Plugs. I'm spot on with Ulmer Clutch Kit, revs to 10200 than will slowly increase to 10,300 to 10,500. One unexpected result, is that it seams to be running cleaner, less visible exhaust, sounds meaner, happy I did the mod so far, can't wait to burn down the trail.

will it run leaner with those items gone and a stock air box? I want the wait gone.

So i purchased 165 mains and 22.5 pilots(just encase), from Dennis Kirk, and have been running the NGK CR9EIX Iridium plugs which have been working swell. I only purchased the white secondary spring, because my 03 rx1 has the same parts as the stock 05 Warrior as sled dog mentioned about his clutching.. Was the 03 RX1 primary setup the same as the 05 Warrior? According to the parts and info i found they are.. Am i loosing it or is this a fact? Looking very forward to tackling this MOD!

Back