• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modified stock muffler on apex?

RealDeal

Expert
Who has done it and whats the procedure. I've heard the sound clips of all the different exhaust's, And we all no that there's no realaistic gain in hp . So it's not worth the coin to me, but I need a better sound. I have always run piped sleds.

I opened mine up from the bottom. I cut out one of the small crossover tubes completely. I was going to cut out both but I could not really get to it from the bottom. Then I drilled a 5/8 hole in each baffle that divides the middle and the sides. I also cut 3/8 of an inch off of the cone where it enters the muffler. The idea was to have the exhaust take the same path out but just free up a little restriction. It is a little louder and I think it sounds great. If I was to do it again I would open up a large area on the top and just cut out the crossover pipes. Do not cut out the large main pipes unless you like it fairly loud. They also drone when you remove them.

I ended up removing the top and drilled 8 3/8 holes in each of the two large crossover tubes. welded it back together. Sounds great right now, I'll have to wait and see when we get some snow to find out what it sounds like on the trail.

exhaust

Had Simon CPR modify my can and I had to put 1.4 grams in the end of each clutch arm to keep the RPMs where they were before the modification. Never had on dyno but adding weight should reflect some kind of gain.

Back