• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono rear pivot arm.

Should be just fine, none of the mounting points have changed over the years.

Turns out the cross shaft is longer. I'm gonna have to cut it on each side and use the old shaft. Mine has the large wheels mounted there. I believe the vector had those wheels mounted to the tunnel

Every Apex with a track longer than 121” and a Mono suspension had the upper wheels off set behind the rear cross shaft, doesn’t matter what year we’re talking about. Vectors were the same.

Ok here's what I did. I stretched my 121 to a 136 using the old pivot arms and the rails from an ltx. It's been working great for 2 years. My current w-arm is fine, I was just going to change it out for peace of mind since its 15 years old. Found one from a 2012 vector for $100. So, can I cut the arm on both sides to match the old one and use the old shaft and bushings? Well, I'm gonna try. Worst case is I'm out a hundy. It should work as long as the 2 shafts are the same diameter

I used an older style rear pivot arm on a newer Mono II for my project Nytro. BOP sends spacers to account for the wider rear tunnel mounts, so it was easy peasy. All of the various Mono skids have the same mounting points, but yes, depending on the rear upper carrier wheel placement that shaft does vary in width. If you can but it down to proper length you’ll be good to go.

If your tunnel wheels are mounted to the cross shaft you will need the rear arm from the LTX\Attak. All 4 tubes are curved to allow for clearance to the shaft under full compression of the skid.
20200131_233614.jpg

If your tunnel wheels are mounted to the cross shaft you will need the rear arm from the LTX\Attak. All 4 tubes are curved to allow for clearance to the shaft under full compression of the skid.
View attachment 159702
This is what I have...I want to cut the tube on either side and use the shaft from the original and put the wheels on the main shaft using the spacers from my old one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-084553_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-084553_eBay.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 65
When you 136'd the skid are you using the wheels and the cross shaft like in my previous pic or are you keeping the wheels in the same place as the 121 config?

Same as the 121".
Imo It will absolutely eat the slides& possibly the rails right off in no time, (300 miles for mine)been there it was an expensive experiment that did not work, i used the 136 arm & upper tunnel wheels& have put over 2000 miles with zero issues

Imo It will absolutely eat the slides& possibly the rails right off in no time, (300 miles for mine)been there it was an expensive experiment that did not work, i used the 136 arm & upper tunnel wheels& have put over 2000 miles with zero issues
I've got 4000 miles on it this way with normal slide wear.

Back