• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mono shock upgrade

mattmichyam

Extreme
I have a 07 apex er with standard ra mono shock. The shaft is bad on the rear shock. Its not a cheap fix. Has anyone swapped a mono out with an ohlin electric shock without the electronics hooked to it to make it non adjustable? Or would it just be better to swap out with another manufacture?

mattmichyam said:
I have the regular ER version. I thought the GT with the electric shock had a different left control set-up for it.

I think the gauge pod is modular (Mode button on all of them) so look for a white connector just off of the Y-split in the harness, just behind the reverse lever. There should be a 1" retainer clip - undo that and it should be right there if it has one???

All you would need is the shock and the short harness that goes from the shock body to the connector on the side of the sled rearward of the chaincase (as mentioned above) your stock controls will work. While you are buying the cable you may want to get a few spares, also make sure you tie wrap that thing very well. I would try wraping the cable to the suspension with electrical tape at least up to the pivot. They seem to get caught up in the ice and other debris.

Is that the best way to go? I have a shock I can borrow for the rest of the season. Should I just buy another brand snowmobile rear suspension for a better ride? I have the W-arm renforced already.

shock upgrade

I have an 07 ATTAK and I just upgraded mine to the ohlins monoshock. Mine did come with the extension cable and and instructions. When you plug it in it knows it. The only issue I am having is finding out what spring have because I thing I need the next bigger one. I have emailed ohlins usa and they didn't help at all. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! It would be great if someone could help with the numbers. 00696 08/48 L034. All the ones I find have the same 00696 08/48 and just the last group is different. What are the numbers on yours?

Here ya Go:

696-08 48 N/mm (4.9 kg/mm) Apex GT stock spring
696-11 54 N/mm (5.5 kg/mm) Yamaha optional spring
696-14 60 N/mm (6.1 kg/mm)
696-16 64 N/mm (6.5 kg/mm)
696-19 70 N/mm (7.1 kg/mm) RX-1 GT stock spring / Yamaha optional spring
696-21 75 N/mm (7.6 kg/mm)

All 696-springs are free length 290 mm (11.42 inches).

Back