• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MSD Launch Master WOW

I wouldn't put a rapid bike on anything - they are junk! I use a power commanderV on my sled with the launch control built in and pull timing and adjust the fuel until I get the boost I want. From what I've been told the rapidbike used fuel for its lauch control and the msd and the powercommanderV use ignition which is what you want. It cuts spark to certain cylinders to hold the RPM then if you get the right amount of heat and fuel in the exhaust the unburnt fuel burns in the exhaust pipe and spools the turbo. I have mine set to 3800 can make lots of boost.

If you have to buy something and want to build boost I would buy the powercommanderV with the ignition moduel as it is already built in and you canadjust both fuel and timing. I piggyback it with the MCX controller and it works well.

From what I understand with the launch master it just cut spark to ever other cylinder , still injects the same amount of fuel for what ever RPM,s your engine is running at , so if you want more or less boost you change your RPM,s , along with engagement in most cases , so yes , you should get around the same boost ever time.
To run a two step system I think you have to be running a full standalone system (aftermarket ECU ) 2 stepping controls the timing and fuel maps , spark skips cylinder , retards firing cylinders , adds fuel , and the list goes on ,and with doing all this you can get much more boost and change it at the same RPM,s , so at 4000 launch RPM,s if a want 4 lbs so be or if I want 8lbs so be , Jim at OSP has a great set up for he systems , but going to a full standalone system cost $$$$

Yeah only going pc5+ ignition module + tweaking is between 7-1000$ and a stand alone etc as other is alot more.

I dont see it worth it for my races.
I believe i need to go with higher engagement for higer boost. the question is if i will ever see any at 3500 or shim 3800rpm

so would like 4200-4500 now using y-s-y 35-118
wouldnt y-g-y 40-123 work and give me that and max 3 shims, its the totallforce thats im not sure on.

Back