• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MSD Launch Master WOW

all the launch master does is cuts spark at a set rpm, fuel continues to be injected and is why you get the popping and banging. I agree with Gunner. No control on boost with it. There's 2 step and anti-lag. These both are pretty much the same it's all on setup. You will never get other than a aftermarket ecu to give you consistent launch with boost. There's strategies and tunes placed in these to launch with that much

I run a complete OSP engine , turbo system , and aftermarket ECU ( ViPec ) setup , the two step is neat ,I do have it set up , sounds neat , but I have no need to use it in my mountain sled , with running stock compression ratio and a 3076 turbo , I do not have enough traction with the 3" 174 track to use 10lb of boost out of the hole ;)!

Oh Ok, I agreed with you before. I guess you want to disagree with you now. Lets stay on point here. This is about msd launch master.

You will see some gain with the launch master alone. At just under clutch engagement my sled shows 6 to 7 inches of vac. On the button it shows .2 to.5 pressure. Probably all you can harnes on snow!

Not getting it really, maybee a language barrier.

Isnt the launch controll ment to give the same boost every time if i set it to a rpm and floor it?

Dont really get the diffrence between the 2 stage and the launch.. whats the cost etc?

vmax4ever said:
Not getting it really, maybee a language barrier.

Isnt the launch controll ment to give the same boost every time if i set it to a rpm and floor it?

Dont really get the diffrence between the 2 stage and the launch.. whats the cost etc?
A 2 step or an anti lag setup you can adjust the boost pressure for take off say you want 10psi you set it there and set the rpms just before engagement and boom it takes off with 10psi...the msd will launch at the rpm you want but the boost is not adjustable it is what ever it makes at the rpm engagement the higher the engagement the higher the psi but you will never see the 10psi like from the 2 step or the anti lag setups.

how is it possible to get more boost at the same rpm as launch master?

What do i need for one to make it work, maybee buying that instead and sell my 4350.

the 2 step or anti lag acts like a boost controller at launch you can set the boost for what ever you want at what rpm...jim at osp has one that works great I will warn you though they can get pretty pricey for the money I would just stick with the msd if your just using it for weekend warrior racing...all you are doing is getting the turbine to move on the turbo if its moving you are getting rid of the "lag" any way. not sure what turbo or kit you are running but if its just a mcx,alpine,fpp, ect the turbos spool quick any way so the little bit of boost like 1psi at launch is all right you shouldn't see any lag. if your asking can you make more boost with the 4350 the answer is no you cant because you can not control the fuel or boost/timing the 4350 is the safest if you do not have a lot of tuning experience because it doesn't starve the motor of fuel so you have no worries about lean conditions.

rb3 with msd does does wonderfully to make boost on the line.

that is about the cheapest way..... well there might be another more 'redneck' way to do it (for fueling) but ... not for the average guy :)

Yeah its mostly for fun and some races through the winter, holding up and showing how great Yamaha is :p

But as the 2 step, are there any site, all i can find is the msd and that seem to be pretty much the same and for the ls chevy engine.

I still dont see how the 2 step can make what boost you want at a certain rpm, im curious in the technical part.

But would be sweet to se alot of boost a rpm i want.

Also what primary spring has you guys run with, im running a y-sl-y now and getting engagement around 3500-3600 and would like to try 42-4500 i guess?

how much can you shim the spring to raise the engagement and is 1mm=100rpm or what?

Or if i would get the WHT/WHT/WHT with almost the same total force but 45kg instead of 35 as the one i use now.

Would like to have somewhere between, because cant have it ripping when try to start in deep snow in normal conditions.

http://www.rapidbikeusa.com/about/the-r ... e-modules/
this is the link for the rb3 which works as a 2 step but you have to watch your fuel...dave from hurricane is a good guy to get ahold of on this he would have every thing you need...your engagement should be up to 4500 to get the boost up...I used bl/br/bl and shimmed it 1/4 it worked well changed the rollers to small ones..this was on a nitro..if that spring doesn't work then heelclicker has a spring that will raise the engagement a lot.

you mean
90501-580A2-00 it got a lttle less total but a ton on the preload, the worst one as i see it.

so it should work the same as my ysy except a higher engagement.

anyone has a feeling what spring i need or can it be calculated?

Back