• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
Mine was horrible before this flash, hard to start in cold temps had to get plugs changed 3 weeks ago, wouldn’t start at -16c . Machine is really good with this flash idles much more constant, started this morning really nice after cycling the pump 3 times, was very impressed. I was actually going to get rid of my machine she was so bad before this flash.

Mine was horrible before this flash, hard to start in cold temps had to get plugs changed 3 weeks ago, wouldn’t start at -16c . Machine is really good with this flash idles much more constant, started this morning really nice after cycling the pump 3 times, was very impressed. I was actually going to get rid of my machine she was so bad before this flash.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. Mine wouldn't start below -10f before this flash. The idle sounds steady now but the rpm gauge still hints a little. It also starts on the first try and was a 2 try before this flash.

A little info on the newest flash (this flash was installed from factory in the 2019 model Viper).

Attachments

• Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    67.9 KB · Views: 592
A little info on the newest flash (this flash was installed from factory in the 2019 model Viper).
Will the new flash cause problems with the maps in the PCV? Have they changed the fuel curve?

Will the new flash cause problems with the maps in the PCV? Have they changed the fuel curve?

I do not have that information, I'm assuming it will affect it some, but can't answer that for sure.

Well had the flash done on the daughters 2106 Viper on the 27th. Initial results were good for the first 50kms. Started easier and idles much better. Up north in Cochrane and starts are now taking longer and sometimes must try 2-3 times again, weird. Temps are -6C.

Well had the flash done on the daughters 2106 Viper on the 27th. Initial results were good for the first 50kms. Started easier and idles much better. Up north in Cochrane and starts are now taking longer and sometimes must try 2-3 times again, weird. Temps are -6C.
I didn't want to be the first debby downer but I'm experiencing similar results with mine, sometimes first try some time 2nd or 3rd and longer and slower cranking, wonder if my battery is going south.

That sucks but hopefully just bad fuel?

Man I hope this is just battery or fuel.
Fuel should be fresh, even put a swig of torco in it to keep the turbo happy, but my results maybe somewhat different with the turbo, not sure how much if any does the gems fuel controller for the turbo have affect on start up.

I think it may have something to do with the way she is shutting it down. She uses the kill switch to shut off but then immediately flips it back to the on position with the dash lit up. We chat for a few minutes and then tries to restart. This is where it seems to take 2-3 attempts. We tried a couple time this afternoon to make sure the kill switch was used to shut down and left off till restart. Boom, seemed to work! Wonder if it’s the initial prime of the fuel pump?

I never use the kill switch. Always the key. Always have. It seems that Polaris riders always use the kill switch...…???

Have always used the kill switch on all my sleds (all Yamaha BTW). And with the placement of the key switch on the Cat chassis, even more so. What a stupid place for it. Are you listening ROCKMEISTER??

Has anyone with this new flash noticed the "better acceleration and deceleration" per the info in post 139?

Back