• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Paint + Some

Texas Grizz

Veteran
Well after our trip out to Moab it was time for the 20 hour service. I had a lot of add-ons etc I wanted to do but wanted to wait until my 20 our service was due since I would have the quad apart anyway.

I wanted to change the color as the green just wasnt doing it for me anymore. So after spaying a few test strips I came up with the color I wanted. After preping all the parts, I sprayed a PPG Omni primer, base of silver TI metal flake, candy red, PPG DSU2002 clear tinted with candy red, clear tinted with black pearl, then a final of clear. What did all that paint give me? Well as you can see in the photos it looks red, but what you cant see is all the flake, the black darkings the red and adds shadows.

Next was a JT ATV water Temp gauge, I didnt really like the way JT ATV said to install the temp sender, so I drilled and tapped the thermo housing and installed it there.

Also added a HMF pipe, Pro Design K&N filter kit, and a Dial-A-Jet.
I had some problems with the HMF pipe leaking where it meets the OEM header, after speaking with Dan at HMF they were going to send me another pipe because the bell on the pipe was to big. Not wanting to wait another 2 weeks. I took matters into my own hands again and cut the OEM coupler off and welded it to the HMF, no more leaks.

BTW the valves were with in spec. ;)!

Thats my friends grizz in the background along with the wife's bruin. Hes a big UT football fan and is painting his kind of a UT longhorn color.

Attachments

• IMG_1149resize.JPG
    IMG_1149resize.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,681
  • IMG_1151resize.JPG
    IMG_1151resize.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 2,698
  • IMG_1152resize.JPG
    IMG_1152resize.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 2,720

heres a few more photos

heres a few more

Attachments

• IMG_1127resize.JPG
    IMG_1127resize.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,680
  • IMG_1145resize.JPG
    IMG_1145resize.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 2,679
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 2,681
and I cleaned up the intake track

and I cleaned up the intake track

Attachments

• IMG_1122resize.JPG
    IMG_1122resize.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,682
That thing looks great in the pics, I bet it looks even better in person. Nice job Tex ;)!

Back